• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Icon missing from toolbar.

New Here ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this discussion has already taken place.  I believe my issue is a little different.  The creative cloud icon is missing from my toolbar but I am still able to use photoshop and it launches without a problem.  The problem is that I know there are 2 new updates to Creative Cloud, but I can't update.  I don't want to uninstall and reinstall as I will then have to contact all reinstall all my plug-ins again.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

open ps>click help>updates.

that should open your cc desktop app.  check the app preferences to make sure 'start with login' is ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open ps>click help>updates.

that should open your cc desktop app.  check the app preferences to make sure 'start with login' is ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It absolutely worked.

You’re my hero.

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you from me also. I had the same problem as Simone 33.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me. I have the same issue the icon is gone but I am still able to use photoshop, indesign etc. I need it to activate my adobe fonts. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os

restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That also worked for me. I wondered if it was becasue I'd just upgraded to OS Monterey?

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pré-Visualizaçãoxlung001.jpg

Hi. !!! My MAC screen showing the Creative Cloud Empty window. J'fiz almost everything. I installed and uninstalled the creative cloud and nothing . The software is running, but I can not activate the creative cloud through the window. How can I solve this problem ??? Thanks to friends !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, close your cc desktop app.

then, rename the opm.db file by:

navigate to the OOBE folder.

Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Mac OS: /User/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder

and rename the opm.db file to opm_old.db, eg

finally, launch your cc desktop app.

if that fails: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/blank-white-screen-ccp.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue with adobe illustrator. I tried what was suggested but its not showing up and I need to access an adobe capture file ASAP. The option to look at my creative cloud is missing! Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are, at least, two different problems mentioned in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the problem where the creative cloud icon is not showing in my apps illustrator or photoshop. I have done the steps mentioned in this post ps>help>app settings>switching the slider to login. In fact that was already switched on. I then switched it off coded everything, restated it and re-engaged it. Nothing. I have never had that logo since I got creative cloud four months ago. I took photoshop and illustrator courses and he mentioned clicking on the cc button a bunch of times within the apps and it was never visible so I always had to do everything a round about way. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly this issue. Trying to do the illustrator course and can't work out why I don't have the icon. Can I use libraries created when I'm using a browser? Annoying that there isn't an answer to this one when the course includes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still can't figure out what  "icon" you all are looking for.

are you looking for your cc libraries which has a cloud icon?  (window>libraries)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, it's this one. 

ellywoo_0-1615478202581.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what's that's supposed to do, if clicked?

actually, do you have a link to something current that indicates that supposed to be in ps and/or ai?  or are you using a mac and looking for that in your mac's menu bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines