• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

zip it. zip it good.

Explorer ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently have CF7 here and use zip.cfc to create zip files, however, we have a new project which needs password protected zip files. Is anyone else using zip.cfc and generating zip files with passwords?

Alternatively, can CF8 generate a zip file with a password? If yes, could someone point me to how.

I know that password protection on zip files can be cracked, but the project owner requires it. Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ccsimmons,

I haven't looked at zip.cfc, but another option you could consider is installing 7-zip ( http://7-zip.org/) on your server and using cfexecute to perform the zip command. 7-zip is free and has lots of options, including several encryption methods.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
7-zip is a great option for people with control over their own server. If you are on a shared host it will likely be a challenge to get the hosting provider to install it.

Of course, if your objective is to generate and deliver confidential information, a shared host is hopefully not what you are using!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation