Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not displaying correctly on android reader app

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On my Android tablet I use Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Recently with new pdfs I've created, it has started displaying a completely different font for New Times Roman only when the text is in Bold.   When I open the pdfs in another app on the tablet, they display correctly, so it seems to be a bug in Adobe.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Neil

TOPICS
Android , General troubleshooting , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peaches88 ,

Please provide the exact version of the Adobe Program & iOS on your device. Also, check if there any pending updates available to install.

Would request you to please share the any of the file with with you are facing this issue at DocCSup@adobe.com​ , under subject line please mention my name (so that we can replicate the issue at our end) .

Regards,

Yatharth  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I emailed you a file and image of it displaying incorrectly on the tablet. I've also inserted that image below.  All the text on the pdf in the image below is in Times New Roman but as you can see, the section that was in bold is showing a completely different font when opened in your app.   This began happening just a few weeks ago. I've made hundreds of PDFs up until then with no issue.

Adobe Acrobat Font Error Image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you asked weeks ago and you've never responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peaches88​ and kk74168151​,

We would like to inform you that we have fixed this issue and it shall be available as part of Acrobat Reader's upcoming update. Many thanks for your time and effort in reporting the problem to us which led to the fix.

Thanks,

Rohil

Adobe Acrobat team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I downloaded this file: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://helda.helsinki.fi/bitstream/handle/1013...  and all boldings are gone using adroid app. Concerns both Reader and Digital Editions. File itself is ok, since bold text is actually bold if I open the file with Drive pdf viewer with the same tablet.

Reader version 16.1.1, sub-something code for version is 145687. Samsung galaxy tab s2 SM-T810, Android 5.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines