Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ESTK target launch

New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have an issue with launching FrameMaker from ESTK. On my work PC I can successfully run script both when FrameMaker is already running and when it is not started. In second case ESTK asks for launching FrameMaker and starts it.

But on another machine - with the same configuration (Win8.1 64bit) - when launching fails with "Cannot launch target FrameMaker 2015". As I investigated it caused by trying to start not C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\FrameMaker.exe which is correct, but C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\FrameMaker.exe. I tried to find where this path is specified but neither registry not files search was successfull.

How can I fix it?

Thanks for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably set when FM was installed for “Just you” or “All Users of this computer”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tikira,

There must be a simple solution to this, but admittedly I don't know what it is yet. On the second computer, does the script run OK if FrameMaker is already open?

I found another thread with a similar problem (and suggested solution) regarding ExtendScript and InDesign. Perhaps this solution will work for FrameMaker?

ExtendScript Toolkit cannot launch InDesign CS6 Server

HTH,

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Russ Ward написал(а):

On the second computer, does the script run OK if FrameMaker is already open?

Yes.

Russ Ward написал(а):

I found another thread with a similar problem (and suggested solution) regarding ExtendScript and InDesign. Perhaps this solution will work for FrameMaker?

ExtendScript Toolkit cannot launch InDesign CS6 Server

Thank you. I have read it too, but it means manual action that I want to avoid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, there is no such option. At least in trial version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines