Exit

Error 2148073485 on DC

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

i need some help...

when i try to sign a documet  using Acrobar Reader DC (Windows10) i receive this message:

The Windows Cryptographic Service Provider reported an error:

Key does not exist.

Error Code: 2148073485

How can i fix it?

ERR.jpg

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Digital Certificates issue that was recently introduced. If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-june-02-2016.htm

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please provide the exact dot version of the software & OS installed at your system .Also check whether is there any update available for the software after going through "help > check for updates "

If you are on Windows OS, open Acrobat, navigate to Help menu & repair the installation.

Is this happening with all the documents or with certain document.

Please refer to this article :- Error: "Creation of this signature could not be completed. Platform Exception" when you sign a PDF (...

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15.016.20039. No update available.

this is happening with all documents when i try to sign whith Adobe.

Whith other program (dedicated) signature works. Certificate is valid, token work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Problem of this kind usually happens when the driver that supports your token does not fully conform to all applicable standards. Some signing applications are lenient to some of the mismatch and you can still use your token for signing in those apps. Acrobat is more stringent about it.

Without actually having your token it is difficult to investigate further.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yatharth,

I think Gabi Gavrila is using a SafeNet product, like SafeNet Authentication Client as eToken driver. I'm sure, the drivers/devices provided by SafeNet are fully conform with the applicable standards, at least they didn't have any issue signing PDF documents until last week.

The above reported problem started to appear with version Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15.016.20039. Some older versions of Adobe does work continuously without giving any error message.

Regards,

Csaba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is correct.

the problem appeared few days ago.  Adobe probably has been updated and the new version has a bug.

today I installed an older version of Adobe (11) and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the same thing. downloaded 11 reader and was able to sign my document.

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gabi,

My team has been working on this issue for several hours and we finally found a fix. I don't know what you're using for your signature, but we use our Smartcards which rely on a software called ActivClient (Military / DoD uses this type).

In order to make this error go away, we had to update our ActivClient installations from version 6 to version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use SafeNet Autenthification Client 8.2.85.0 whith Alladin Token JC 0 (Java).

I expect an update from Adobe.

until then, I dropped Adobe DC and now I use Adobe Reader 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem.

I have windows 10 and use DC adobe. I have identatrust token.

How do I resolve this? Since it looks like ActivClient is $35, I do not want more software. I did not have this problem two weeks ago. what changed?

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe support,

We have updated the SafeNet Authentication Client to the latest available (10.0.43.0) on Windows and the problem still persists. This driver was launched in April, I don't think this new version is not compatible with the latest security standards.

Can you please check again and try to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Csaba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported issues still persist.

I checked if there are new versions available for Adobe DC.

My Adobe DC is up to date.

with an older version of Adobe installed yesterday on another PC I can sign it without any problems. The problem whith electronic signature is only in this version of Adobe DC

ADOBE.jpgERR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.Update your Active Client to version 7, this worked for us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have regularly signed PDFs in the past using Active Client, and recently I started getting the same error and error code using version 2015.016.20039 of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 8.1 Pro. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem using SafeNet, Identrust Card and Adobe Acrobat DC. I have tried using Adobe Reader version 11 and still am unable to sign PDFs. This just started last week for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue - Acrobat DC / WIN 7 PRO. I can sign in Reader. It is a new smartcard and I was signing documents with the old card. I can sign documents on other computers and can log in to sites with this one. Seems to be Acrobat DC related. Talked with Adobe support Rep on phone but he was ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AT ALL!!

Please fix this issue!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We are looking into it. I will get back to you in case more information is required.

Regards,
Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabi and everyone else facing the issue,

With the Reader DC release 15.016.20039, we have deprecated use of SHA1 hash while signing. SHA256 has been the default hashing algorithm, but in the prior releases in case the CSP driver doesnā€™t support SHA256 or higher hashes Reader used to silently fallback to SHA1 hash while creating the signature. In this release, we have removed the silent fallback to SHA1 due to which this error pops up and subsequently signing fails.

Please let me know the driver of the e-token device your are using for signing.

Also, check with the driver manufacturer for the updated driver that should resolve this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kshakti,

As you can observe from the above comments, the vast majority is using the SafeNet Authentication Client (8.2) driver.

We have started to use the latest available driver provided by Gemalto in April (SafeNet Authentication Client , version 10.0.43.0) and it still returns the error from the subject in Adobe DC, above mentioned version.

I understand that you didn't permit the fallback to SHA1 any more, but there are other applications which are using the same configuration, calculates the algorithm with SHA256 and doesn't return any error message regarding with the keyset from the token.

Please check again the update and try to fix this issue.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for the information.

Can you please let me know the below :

1) With the earlier version of Adobe Reader, in which signing using the same driver used to work, what was the hash algorithm ?

It can be find by below steps:

- Sign the PDF using older version of Reader.

- Open signature panel on the left.

- Select Signature, right click on it and select Show signature properties...

- In the signature properties dialog click Advanced properties..

- In hash algorithm let me know the hashing algorithm.

2) Other applications are signing using PKCS#11 or crypto methods ?

Thanks & Regards,

Shakti Keshri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shakti,

Can you please let me know the below :

1) SHA256

2) PKCS#11

Thank you!

Csaba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We published a KB article related to this issue just a while back.

Windows cryptographic service provider error | Key does not exist, error code 2148073485

While we investigate it further, the workaround provided in the article should help.

"Check with your signature device or driver manufacturer for an updated driver that may resolve this error.

If the requested hashing algorithm is not supported by the signature device, then the solution is to set registry key aSignHash to SHA1 as described on this page - http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/Security.html#Signing:HashAlgorith.... However, this is not a recommended approach as this would set SHA1 as the default hashing algorithm for all signatures, which is considered deprecated industry wide. Therefore, Adobe strongly recommends checking with your signature device or driver manufacturer to get a newer device or driver that supports SHA256 or higher hashes."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Digital Certificates issue that was recently introduced. If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-june-02-2016.htm

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have installed the patch and am still unable to sign documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines