• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After downloading it comes up in Dutch language

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made certain that English is selected in my Browser and in the Adobe download page, yet after downloading it comes up with Dutch. Any suggestions vert welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, in principle: I work in English, but the base-install of the laptop is German. I get German GUI for Adobe Digital Editions.  The Adobe Download's page does not seem to give me options to select language at point of download nor during install (And I cannot (or at least cannot work out?) how to change the GUI language after install.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this at another thread, and it worked for me.

Reference: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/742523?start=0&tstart=0

"For Windows, go to the ADE installed folder ( For e.g: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 2.0\) rename the current language folder (For e.g C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 2.0\fr_). If ADE could not find the OS language setting folder, then it will automatically switch to English menus. or if you dont want other languages, just delete those language folders."

(i.e. put a suffix on the language folder, and this invalidates it, and Adobe will next open (after a nerve-wracking few seconds) in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worker for me as well, I just deleted the other languages folders.Thanks a lot for the tip!

Note to ADE team:

Guys,

I still cannot believe how time consuming it was to simply switch ADE to the language of

- my browser

- my OS

- my Adobe account

These are all in English!!

Not to mention that I downloaded the programme in Brussels, which is officially a bilingual city. It could at least ask me if I preferred French or Dutch... So stupid. Maybe think of fixing this. Or give us a choice when installing the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines