• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I close AE while Media Encoder is exporting?

New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to save up on RAM, can i close AE while ME is exporting?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

AME uses its own encapsulated version of the AE render engine, so generally you should be able to close AE whiel AME is doing it's thing and the project has been saved properly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME uses its own encapsulated version of the AE render engine, so generally you should be able to close AE whiel AME is doing it's thing and the project has been saved properly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium, I just needed to hear it from someone! Perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I know of that you should not use the AME to render comps inside AE is when you have an effect that is accelerated by the GPU like Ray-traced rendering and a very short list of 3rd party effects. I find very few problems with 3rd party effects but if your render times go way up when using AME it's time to do some digging. Ray-traced rendering times inside AE with a supported Nvidia GPU / CUDA card can be 50 times shorter than rendering the same comp with the AME. I never use Ray-traced rendering because there are so many more really good alternatives and Adobe is no longer developing CUDA acceleration because NVIDIA completely changed their development and implementation of that technology so building a project today using Ray-traced rendering may make it obsolete in the next release of AE. I can't afford the time or the luxury of building a project that can't be easily reused six months or six years from now. Just got a request to update a 10 minute text animation (lyric video) that I did six years ago. A half dozen graphics changes, one edited sentence and a new tag line at the end and a reasonable budget for the changes. If I had used now obsolete technology, think Ray-traced rendering, the budget for the update would have to go way up and my relationship with the client would suffer. These are all things you must think about if you are running a business and expect to make a living at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I end task of After Effects while rendering in Adobe Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to have After Effects open, but the Media Encoder uses a background copy of AE to render the comp so you can't go into task manager and just start closing things. Closing After Effects will not speed up the rendering because AE is not used at all. In fact, you can keep working in AE with an insignificant decrease in performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the i already close my after effect while rendering it on media encoder and open the task managerand saw adobe after effect is still running on the background, should i close that too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines