• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

True Key

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do you get off installing this garbage on my computer and how the F do I get it to stop popping up on my browser every 5 min?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

True Key is a third-party offer on the Download page:

Capture.JPG

if you use ad-blockers it would have blocked the third-party offers.  To uninstall go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.  Look for 'Intel Security True Key' (https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/212870718-How-do-I-uninstall-the-True-Key-app-from-my-Win...)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shouldn't have to use third party add blockers when installing industry standard software, and there absolutely was not an uninstall for intel true key in the control panel uninstall list.  I had to uninstall in manually.

This is garbage, Adobe loses all credibility with stunts like this, unfortunately all too common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem: uploaded the latest Adobe update, was never offered the option to uncheck the rest, and not only was McAfee forced on me (who wants McAfee??? Not me! Not any more than the rabies!) but also that "True Key" S***t. Never enabled it, no, it just took control. I had set up my Windows 10 boot so that I would NOT have to enter my password everytime, and this F thing has Fd it up. I had not only to unistall McAfee and True Key that never should have been installed on my computer, but now I have to go set up the boot again so that I DO NOT have to enter my password every time.

If Adobe thinks forcing apps on you that way is going to make us friends with them, you have to wonder in what world their developers are living.

Adobe thumbs down. I'lll think twice now when asked to download the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the URL that you downloaded the installer from?  If you downloaded it from adobe.com, do you have JavaScript enabled or disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did in on the prompting of my computer, which detected that I didn't have the latest version, so I suppose the download was from Adobe's website, and it seems confirmed when I consult my downloads list: flashplayer23_ka_install.exe from adobe.com. I used Firefox, javascript is automatically enabled, and I wouldn't even know how to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But at least, in favor of Adobe: thanks for monitoring this thread and answering the users' complaints. We've become so used to software developers who seem not to give an d****n about communication with the end users and simply being told about the numerous glitches of their apps and softwares... you want to get me on the subject of Synaptics? No, better not... Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the case of every previous Adobe Flash update, I was always scrupulously careful to uncheck the Optional Offers, especially McAfee.  However, when I did the update last night, I don't recall seeing the opportunity to opt out of this stuff and so it was loaded onto my computer.  Now I'm boiling mad about having been hoodwinked.  Shame on Adobe for abandoning established rules of Internet courtesy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea I don't remember seeing optional offer either.  I'm usually pretty good about unchecking them - its even more maddening when there's no uninstall in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As displayed in the screenshot, the optional offer is listed on the page.  Perhaps the page wasn't finished loading when you accessed it and downloaded the installer.

'Intel Security True Key' does show up in Control Panel > Programs and Features', although, it may take a several minutes to display (my experience at least).  See https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/212870718-How-do-I-uninstall-the-True-Key-app-f rom-my-Wi...​ for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely not.  When I first started the update and saw it was installing McAfee and True Key, I terminated the procedure and went back to the beginning to see if I had the option to decline this software, as I had in all previous cases.  That option was definitely not offered.  I needed an updated flash player, so went ahead with it.  Since then I have uninstalled the McAfee, which I don't need, already having Norton, and will soon divest myself of True Key.  People like myself with metered and limited Internet access should not be forced to acquire unwanted software that they just have to turn around and take the trouble of later deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed mixed results with adblockers fyi. in some cases they display everything with it turned on, in other cases it does not.

I would suggest using the offline installers for flash player instead of the main page where the PUPS are offered up.

I recommend in the following order; all the below links are from the adobe site fyi:

"Flash Uninstaller" http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

If you are on Windows 7 and below get the active X version

"Flash Player ActiveX download" http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ax.exe

For Firefox flash version use:

"Flash Player plugin download" http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

do that in order next time, and then you will not have to deal with the Mcafee garbage.

Also, If you click my name and under my website there are some tools that I developed to assist in removing the Mcafee and associated files ( under browse all files ) and to update flash seamlessly as well.

Hope some of that helps for a better experience next time

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice any immature canines (PUPS) being offered on the main page. Acronyms are exclusionary.

I really wanted the Flash Player, as before. I just didn't want to have it automatically bundled with unknown software. Why should I uninstalled Flash Player?

Steve Harness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto C:\Program Files\Intel Security\True Key and run the uninstall.exe file.

That's all folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will not remove everything FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a computer geek and I shouldn't have to become one to remove programs that were installed without my permission. Is there any simple way to get rid of True Key? Every time I try the standard way I get a message that says; "whoops something happened. Close this window and try again." I just keep getting the message in an endless loop. I guess I'll go back to a previous backup, but then I won't have the latest Adobe Flash. This is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One post above you is a link!

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julia Widdop wrote:

I'm not a computer geek and I shouldn't have to become one to remove programs that were installed without my permission. Is there any simple way to get rid of True Key?

https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/212870718-How-do-I-uninstall-the-True-Key-app-from-my-Win...

Every time I try the standard way I get a message that says; "whoops something happened. Close this window and try again." I just keep getting the message in an endless loop. I guess I'll go back to a previous backup, but then I won't have the latest Adobe Flash. This is frustrating.

Not sure what 'the standard way' you're referring to here.  Nor where you're going to to download Flash Player.  Can you go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer and post a screenshot of the page?  Does it show the option offers?  What OS and browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that definitely doesn't uninstall everything.  It leaves True Key processes running and now I can't even install a fresh copy to try to delete it all.  There is also still a True Key folder in my Program Files folder, but now I can't see the program from the control panel.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They made some changes lately to the installer.

Instead of 'Mcafee.TrueKey.InstallerService.exe' being the immediate installed process it is now called 'InstallerWrapperService.exe'. Also, There are many services installed and exe that are run with True Key

Here are some of them:

Service started: InstallerWrapperService (Service Installer Wrapper TrueKey)

Service created: McComponentHostService (McAfee Security Scan Component Host Service)

Service created: 0160981474865296mcinstcleanup (McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0160981474865296))

Service created: TrueKeyScheduler (Intel Security True Key Scheduler)

Service created: TrueKey (Intel Security True Key)

Service created: TrueKeyServiceHelper (Intel Security True Key Helper Service)

Process created: McAfee.TrueKey.ServiceHelper.exe (2124) started by McInst.exe (7100)

Process created: McAfee.TrueKey.Service.exe (5868) started by services.exe (856)

Process created: McTkSchedulerService.exe (960) started by services.exe (856)

After about 10 minutes delay from the initial install of Flash with McAfee products installed to True Key finally Launching. There is a deliberate delay of the installation of True Key for some reason. I tested the actual Install from Intel and there is no delay installing.

I do have a way of wiping out those extra files and services that the uninstall do not remove. I have decided to keep some root folders as I do not know if anyone has some legitimate McAfee products, so feel free to delete the root folders shown below if necessary.

Here is an sample of what will be removed:

9/26/2016 1:46:02 AM SSScheduler.exe process killed

9/26/2016 1:46:03 AM McAfee Security Scan Found, and uninstalled

9/26/2016 1:46:04 AM C:\ProgramData\McAfee Security Scan - directory removed

9/26/2016 1:46:04 AM McAfee Security Scan 64 bit varriant Not found

9/26/2016 1:46:04 AM InstallerWrapperService.exe found, process killed

9/26/2016 1:46:04 AM True Key installed and process killed

9/26/2016 1:46:20 AM TrueKey uninstalled

9/26/2016 1:46:20 AM 0269371474868615mcinstcleanup Service deleted

9/26/2016 1:46:20 AM IntelBCAsvc Service stopped

9/26/2016 1:46:20 AM C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MCLOGS removed

9/26/2016 1:46:20 AM C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Temp removed

9/26/2016 1:46:20 AM C:\Program Files\Intel Security removed

9/26/2016 1:46:21 AM C:\ProgramData\McAfee\WinCore removed

9/26/2016 1:46:23 AM C:\Program Files\TrueKey removed

9/26/2016 1:46:23 AM Au_.exe killed

9/26/2016 1:46:23 AM C:\Program Files\Intel Security\True Key\Application\truekey.exe Windows killed

9/26/2016 1:46:23 AM

If you are interested in this you can look at this thread:

PSA - Automated Silent McAfee Security Scan Plus Remover

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till today, I was able to avoid the bloatware (McAfee and Intel True Key).

But today, maybe because I use ad blockers, the download page had no "third party software" (that is, bloatware) panel, and no check boxes. I supposed that Adobe had, at last, given up these roguish practices. But the bloatware was installed along with the Flash Player update and I could not do anything to stop the process. They probably modified the page especially for people using ad blockers to protect themselves from attacks from websites, because they know these ads haters are also the crapware uncheckers…

Another true rogue ruse is that their crapware waits some time before installing itself, so that I could not find an uninstaller at first! As I'm retired, tenacious, and I had no urgent work to do, I did not give up before the crap was all in place, and I could remove it.

But this practice is a shame for Adobe. Shows that in a world ruled by shareholders, there is no longer any moral rule and the highest good is short term profit, by any means, lies and deceptions.

BTW McAfee used to be a very respected antivirus brand in the late nineties. Now, it has become infamous thanks to its Adobe bundled software. It will probably happen to Intel soon…

Cheating seldom pays in the long term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They probably modified the page especially for people using ad blockers to protect themselves from attacks from websites, because they know these ads haters are also the crapware uncheckers…

This is not true. Do you have JavaScript disabled?  If so, then the offers would not have displayed.  Please ensure you do not have JavaScript disabled in your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. You are probably right about Javascript: Indeed I don't properly control Javascript on the version of Firefox I use (52.0a1), and thought it is supposed to be enabled, Firefox seems to block it on many sites. Web sites are so aggressive that using ad blockers and anti-anti-blocker scripts becomes necessary, and I'm regularly overwhelmed by all those plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines