• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tried to update flash; other things installed (that I did not want)

New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install flash player update--Update was not successful, however, a bunch of stuff that I did not want DID install. How do I successfully get flash to update and keep that other stuff (MacKeeper, etc.) from installing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

MacKeeper is NOT a third-party software offered with the official Flash Player installer.  If the Flash Player installer you used also installed this, then you did not use the official Flash Player installer downloaded from adobe.com.  Performing an internet search for "remove mackeeper" will return many results on how to remove this.  Do the same for whatever else was installed.

Only update Flash Player from the official Adobe website.  There are many sites that have Flash Player downloads available, but these are not official Adobe Flash Player installers.  If you have the website you used to download Flash Player that installed MacKeeper, please private message it to me and I'll forward it to our fraud department to follow-up on.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines