• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash installer launches another application on Mac OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan

New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Flash player on Mac OS X 10.11.4…. when I double click the installer file 'AdobeFlashPlayer_21_a_install.dmg.mdlp', it launches another application (  Matlab_R2014a) instead of starting the installation process.  I have tried following the clean installation process by removing the flash installer plugin and installation manager folders, but didn't work. I have also tried moving the AdobeFlashPlayer_21_a_install.dmg.mdlp file to another location (desktop) instead of the downloads folder and launching from there but didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file you are using to install flash player is a corrupted file and that is why it is launching some other application. Please note the filename should be "AdobeFlashPlayer_21_a_install.dmg" and not "AdobeFlashPlayer_21_a_install.dmg.mdlp".

Clear your browser cache and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download the file from there.

The file will install Flash Player. In case you face any other issues please write back to us.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The installer downloaded is most likely fine.  Delete .mdlp from the file name and the installer should launch correctly.

We've seen this happen in the past, and it happens to other products not just Flash Player installer.  For some reason, on some systems that have Matlap installed, .mdlp appends itself to the end of the file name resulting in the behaviour you are experiencing.  Simply removing .mdlp, leaving only the .dmg file extension, enables the installer to launch correctly.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines