Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

El Capitan and flash

May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being prompted to download the latest version of flash player but it will not install - I am running El Capitan 10.11.5 - any ideas please?  I've done a clean install and still no joy.   Says in is an initialization problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all that. Eventually loaded an old version from archives and changed settings on Adobe to warn of upgrades but allow to manually install. Took several attempts at rebooting and loading various versions until I got one to work. Probably more by luck than skill!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This error is returned when using the online shim installer and extracting the APP from the mounted image after mounting the installer image.  If you did this, you'll need to launch the installer directly from the mounted image without extracting it to some other location.

If you're using the full installer, I'd like to get the install.log file and the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file from you to troubleshoot further.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  to configure your system to obtain these two files for the same installation attempt.  Afterwards, upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines