• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to revert to the older version of Flash Player

Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently using Adobe flash player v18 (18.0.0.203). We have an application which runs with Adobe ActiveX player to render the charts. With the latest version of flash player, we are facing an issue. As a workaround, we need to revert to the older version of flash player 18 (version 18.0.0.194).

I was able to successfully uninstall the flash player with the help of Flash Player uninstaller but, when I try to install the older version it just says "Your Microsoft Internet Explorer browser includes the latest version of Adobe Flash Player built-in. Windows Update will inform you when new versions of the Flash Player are available".

Note: This issue is happening only in Windows 8.1 and 2012 OS machines.

Any Suggestions Please!!!!

FLash.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arprabu3190,

Beginning in Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer and updates are in Internet Explorer updates.  To revert to a previously installed version, go to Control Panel . All Control Panel Items > Windows Update > View update history and look for the "Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.1..." entry.  Uninstall the update.  Flash Player will revert to the previous version (whatever that may be) that was installed on the system.  Note:  Do not use any sort of file unlocker utility software to manually delete Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8.x.  Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer they consider it to be a system component and lock the files to prevent users from deleting it.  From my experience users who have done this have had to re-install Windows to fix the issue and be able to install Flash Player on their system again.

Please note that 18.0.0.203 is NOT the latest version.  18.0.0.209 is the most recent version, released last Tuesday 14-July, and to address critical security vulnerabilities.  If you have not installed 18.0.0.209, please run Windows Update to get the update.  Alternatively, you can download the update from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3079777

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the update. Will try the same.

And do you have any link/document for the changes that made in the recent version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arprabu3190,

You're welcome.

Please see Security Bulletins and Advisories for information on Flash Player updates.  The page also contains a link to subscribe to receive security bulletin updates via email.  Unfortunatelly, there isn't an option to select notifiaitons by product, so you'd be getting notifications for all Adobe products.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello m_vargas,

I have same issue like arprabu3190​ told you. But my OS Windows 10 Education 64 Bit. I removed built-in latest version of Adobe Flash Player from my computer. I cleared the contents of latest built-in Adobe Flash Player version like explained here:How to remove Flash from Windows 10 | This page intentionally left ugly​ and here:Uninstall Flash Player for Windows​. I cleared the contents which have been on "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash" , C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash" directories completely. I cleared "FlashPlayerApp.exe, FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl" contents which have been on C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory. I backed up all the contens of latest built-in Adobe Flash Player version which is original on Windows 10. After, I used "Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller" (Even used in silent mode with cmd) and apllied the steps like told on the page. I cleared the contents on following directories "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash, %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player ,%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming)" . I cleared using regedit the registry entries related Adobe Flash Player too. I removed the updates like you said from computer but it has been still saying same thing. When I set the compatibility as Windows 7, install screen's showing and I can install. But then the programs & applications don't detect Adobe Flash Player Active X 20.0. In Windows 8

compatibility mode it's saying the same thing at below:

hata.JPG

I want to install the oldest versions of Adobe Flash Player because XSplit Broadcaster Program's video playlist swf plugin doesn't work with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. I contacted with developers of XSplit, they told me it's because of the latest version Adobe Flash Player the plugin doesn't work. And also told me "the legacy playlist is not compatible on windows 10 since the old playlist uses a flash plugin. Windows 10 does not support the old adobe flash player." I have the oldest version of XSplit Broadcaster. Because the latest version of XSplit has been using too much CPU and have some issues like you can't crop the images, videos, screen capture and game source's screens like the oldest version. That's why I don't want to use the latest version of XSplit. Also they released a new video playlist plugin which doesn't use Adobe Flash Player I mean not "swf". Also they kept video playlist swf plugin and they renamed it as video playlist legacy. But the latest version of the swf plugin doesn't work too with the latest Adobe Flash Player. that's why I want to use the old flash player versions. The XSplit Broadcaster version which I've been using is 1.3.1403.1202. It uses and supports Adobe Flash Player Active X version 10.3 and above.  Before, after I removed and cleared the contents on everywhere of the built-in latest Flash Player from my OS Windows 10 Education 64 Bit, I installed Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Active X version and it successfully installed. Then the XSplit video playlist swf plugin worked too. But a short after when I rebooted the computer, my internet cutted and said "Diagnostic policy is not running" and occured exclamation mark over my network/internet icon which has been on the right side of taskbar. Also said Windows Firewall gave an error and said it couldn't open/run. When I rebooted the computer at the beginning (after the opening screen) Windows 10 Operating System gave a blue screen error and this was writing at the below: "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (tcpip.sys)" . I had to use system restore and restored my system back to run normally. Why Windows 10's been making problem like that ? Probably because of incompatible-insecure thing it's taking its own precaution. Or I deleted wrongly a registry key related Flash Player, that's why. But I tried again and this problem occured again. That's why I want to install above 10.3 Adobe Flash Player versions. But as from 11.0 version of Adobe Flash Player, they all have been saying same thing:

hata.JPG

Now, I can't install Adobe Flash Player Active X 10.3 too. It's giving an error like this:

10.3 kurulum ekranı.JPG

10.3 yükleme.JPG

10.3 hata.JPG

Please help me for this issue, thank you.

Have a good day & good work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player for IE in the browser.  They now do the same on Windows 10 for Edge.  There isn't a separate installer for IE/Edge on these system.  All updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update and the Flash Player installers will NOT work on these systems (as you have found). Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE/Edge and release all updates, they lock the files to prevent users from uninstalling them.  The only way to remove these is to forcefully remove them as you have, following some random blog posting, which now resulted in your system being in a broken state where you can't install Flash Player.  The Uninstall Flash Player for Windows ​ page clearly states at the top of the page that the instructions are NOT for Windows 8 and above:

These instructions are NOT applicable to Flash Player included with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and later or with Google Chrome on all supported operating systems.  Please visit the Flash Player Help page for instructions on enabling (or disabling) Flash Player in various browsers.

You chose to ignore that warning.  By forcefully removing these files you have ended up in the predicament you are in.  I'm not at all familiar with the software you are attempting to use, and based on what you have said, the manufacturer has stated it's not supported on Windows 10. 

Flash Player 10.3 is way too old to be supported on Windows 10, while you were able to install it, when you rebooted, it apparently resulted in your system being put in a state that it would not boot up. I suspect he same will happen if you force it again.

Essentially, since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge, the only way to revert to previous versions is to uninstall the Microsoft Update that installed the Flash Player Update.  In your case, I'm not sure how that will help when the manufacturer of the software you are trying to use has stated the software isn't supported on the OS you are using.

Following are the options I'm aware of to repair your system:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines