Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM Screen Sizes

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to set my CHM so that when it is opened it opens full screen. I've set the Window to 'Maximise' in the advance properties, and once it's generated and i view the CHM it open full screen. However if I open the CHM it is not full screen.

any suggestions would be greatly appreicated.

Jen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen.

That option only controls the size of your application window when the help is active. What you need to do is go back to the main window properties dialog and set the size of the window using the "Placement" values. You can either set the individual Top, Bottom, Height and Width values or just click and drag the preview window extent in the top left hand section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

I've just looked at that and it is already at full screen, unfotunately it doesn't look like (from what i can see) you can set the CHM to open full screen?!

I've got the placement values set as high as they will go but this still causes the CHM to sit in the top left corner and take up about 2/3 of the screen.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen resolution is also a factor. I'm not sure if there is an easy way around this though. Maybe the call from the application can set the window size to maximise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did wonder if my screen resoloution would play a part in it, i shall have a look at that.

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I have the same problem with the starting of the CHM file. It comes in a very tiny size.
I tried to check what Colum said about properties and placement variables, however I was not able to find them.
Can you please explain where to look them for?
Thank you,
Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bogdan.

If I remember rightly from your previous posts, you were using Webhelp as your Primary Single Source Layout. These properties are only available if your project is set to use Microsoft HTML Help as your Primary Single Source Layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not quite correct.
I use as primary layer the Microsoft HTML Help, and I use as alternatives the Web as well as the Flash.
The Microsoft HTML Help would be the primary one until I would instructed otherwise.
I tried to find that properties dialogue and... nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bogdan. Sometimes all these posts just roll into one If you right click on your window and select Properties, the Placement controls are in that dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that on the CHM file as soon as I opened it, and all I got is an informational dialogue.
No possibility to change any parameters whatsoever.
So, my question is, the right click is it on the RoboHelp window, or on the opened CHM file window?
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the RH Window in your Project pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know Colum. Either I am blind today, or I just do not know how to find it. I went to the layer properties, and there is nothing there.
I also right clicked on the project pod, and also do not get anything in the shape and form of a dialogue.
Weird, eh?
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set HTML as the primary layout in SSL, then create a new window. Window settings are created for whatever layout is primary at the time the window is created.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I am not leading you astray here Bogdan. I beta tested RH7 but haven't used it since it went live. That said I be surprised if the dialog has moved. Can you look in your pod for a folder called "Windows". If you expand that you should find the default window created for your project. Right click on that et viola.

Anyone else with more recent use of RH7 wish to confirm my thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes indeed. Sorry I thought you had initially used Microsoft HTML Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp