• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get a SVG file from Adobe Shape CC into Adobe Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems simple but am stuck (haven't used CC for file syncing) ... I just tried Adobe Shape CC on my iPhone.  Great!  File is saved to "My Library" and I can see it on my phone and on the web at: https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries.  But it doesn't sync to my desktop.  How do I move it from my libraries into my "Files" so I can open it on my computer and use it in Illustrator?

TOPICS
How to , Shapes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

First update to the newest Illustrator version if needed. The SVG files you create with Adobe Shape CC are added to your Libraries and are accessible from many desktop applications. From Illustrator create a new document. Open the Libraries panel and right-click on the Shape file and choose Use in document. Then click on the Illustrator file to place the Shape. Save the file to your Creative Cloud Files folder and it will sync up to the Files section at https://assets.adobe.com.

Shape added to Il

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First update to the newest Illustrator version if needed. The SVG files you create with Adobe Shape CC are added to your Libraries and are accessible from many desktop applications. From Illustrator create a new document. Open the Libraries panel and right-click on the Shape file and choose Use in document. Then click on the Illustrator file to place the Shape. Save the file to your Creative Cloud Files folder and it will sync up to the Files section at https://assets.adobe.com.

Shape added to Illustrator file:

Screenshot 2014-10-06 13.05.29.png

Viewing the file from the Files section:

Screenshot 2014-10-06 13.11.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken -

Thanks!  It was "updating it" that actually did the trick for me.  After I realized it wasn't going to show up as a file I still couldn't find my Libraries ... but now I can!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? You offer file syncing, but no way to actually retrieve these files outside of CC apps?

How did this make sense to anyone at Adobe? Ridiculous. This entire file system you provide, and yet you put certain files 'locked away' in a "Libraries" location that doesn't sync. Well that makes sync quite useless doesn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've found a way around it.

it's a long way around, but it works

pm to ask me i don't want to post it or it might get fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really frustrating. Here. Create. Except...

Why must it be so hard to access the files? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Libraries rarely can get passed the "detected internet connectivity issue" error in the libraries panel making accessing my assets not possible.

What do we do when it isn't working for whatever temperamental stupid issue thats isn't there one moment then there the next??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MrFung,

Sorry you're having trouble. A couple of things I'd like you to check:

Have you tried connecting to the Internet from multiple locations? That is, are you trying just at work? Or trying just at home? Or are you having the trouble everywhere you try?

Can you log in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com (My Assets - Libraries) and see if all the assets that are on your device are showing there.

Have you tried syncing your assets using the CC icon in the Libraries panel (see image)? Does that sync your library assets?

Let me know what has/hasn't worked.

Sue.

Capture_ Ai_CCIcon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines