Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Deploy - "IsIllegalUpgrade" returns "3"

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I'm deploying software on about 200 Windows 7 pcs using "Matrix42 - Empirum". So far, deploying Adobe Flash Player was quite easy, I downloaded the *.msi and deployed it with (more or less) this command line:

Call MsiExec /I "%SRC%\install_flash_player_21.0.0.242_active_x.msi"   REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 /qb-! /Li "%MSILogFile%"

After that, I copied "mms.cfg" to "C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash" and everything was fine.

The second latest version of Flash Player I deployed was 21.0.0.182. Everything was fine until I started rolling out 21.0.0.242. When you roll out software via Matrix42, it looks if an older version of this software is installed, if yes, it uninstalls the old version first and installs the new version then.

During the last deploy, a few pcs threw an error while installing 21.0.0.242. I searched through the logs and noticed that a "procedure" named "IsIllegalUpgrade" returns a value "3", instead of "1" like the rest of the procedures. I found out, that the installer creates a script named "IsIllegalUpgrade.vbs", runs it and deletes it afterwards. I managed to keep the script and looked ad it, it just compares the old an new version of Flash Player and returns a value to the installer. In my case, the script returns "3", which causes the installer to abort. At this point, the uninstaller has already removed the old version (182), no Flash Player is installed on the pc.

Unfortunately it's not visible in the script WHERE it reads the values from. When I run the script manually, nothing happens.

Does anybody know this error or can tell me, WHERE the script gets its value from..?

Thanks in advance,

Markus

LOGFILE:

=== Logging started: 18.05.2016  14:04:56 ===

Action start 14:04:56: INSTALL.

Action start 14:04:56: ISSetAllUsers.

Action ended 14:04:56: ISSetAllUsers. Return value 1.

Action start 14:04:56: AppSearch.

Action ended 14:04:56: AppSearch. Return value 1.

Action start 14:04:56: LaunchConditions.

Action ended 14:04:56: LaunchConditions. Return value 1.

Action start 14:04:56: FindRelatedProducts.

Action ended 14:04:56: FindRelatedProducts. Return value 1.

Action start 14:04:56: ValidateProductID.

Action ended 14:04:56: ValidateProductID. Return value 1.

Action start 14:04:56: MakePropsAvailable.

Action ended 14:04:56: MakePropsAvailable. Return value 1.

Action start 14:04:56: IsIllegalUpgrade.

Action ended 14:04:56: IsIllegalUpgrade. Return value 3.

Action ended 14:04:56: INSTALL. Return value 3.

MSI (s) (68:94) [14:04:56:837]: Product: Adobe Flash Player 21 NPAPI -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (s) (68:94) [14:04:56:837]: Das Produkt wurde durch Windows Installer installiert. Produktname: Adobe Flash Player 21 NPAPI. Produktversion: 21.0.0.242. Produktsprache: 1033. Hersteller: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Erfolg- bzw. Fehlerstatus der Installation: 1603.

=== Logging stopped: 18.05.2016  14:04:56 ===

HERE IS THE SCRIPT (IsIllegalUpgrade.vbs):

Function LeftShift(ByVal Num, ByVal ShiftBy)   

LeftShift = Num * (2 ^ ShiftBy)

End Function

Function ConvertVersionStringToArrayOfTwoLongs(ByVal VersionString)

'Converts a dotted quad version string into an array of two longs for easier comparisons  

Dim VersionNumbers, VersionParts, Counter

VersionNumbers = Array(0, 0, 0, 0)

VersionStrings = Split(VersionString, ".")

For Counter = 0 To UBound(VersionStrings)

VersionNumbers(Counter) = CLng(VersionStrings(Counter))

Next

Dim MajorDotMinor, BugFixDotBuild

'Combine the Major and Minor numbers, then combine the BugFix and Build numbers

MajorDotMinor = LeftShift(VersionNumbers(0), 16) + VersionNumbers(1)

BugFixDotBuild = LeftShift(VersionNumbers(2), 16) + VersionNumbers(3)

ConvertVersionStringToArrayOfTwoLongs = Array(MajorDotMinor, BugFixDotBuild)    

End Function

Function CompareTwoVersionStrings(ByVal VersionString1, ByVal VersionString2)

'Returns -1 if VersionString1 < VersionString2

'Returns 0 if VersionString1 = VersionString2

'Returns 1 if VersionString1 > VersionString2

Dim ConvertedVersion1, ConvertedVersion2, ReturnValue        

ConvertedVersion1 = ConvertVersionStringToArrayOfTwoLongs(VersionString1)

ConvertedVersion2 = ConvertVersionStringToArrayOfTwoLongs(VersionString2)

If ConvertedVersion1(0) < ConvertedVersion2(0) Then

ReturnValue = -1

ElseIf ConvertedVersion1(0) = ConvertedVersion2(0) Then

If ConvertedVersion1(1) < ConvertedVersion2(1) Then

ReturnValue = -1

ElseIf ConvertedVersion1(1) = ConvertedVersion2(1) Then

ReturnValue = 0

Else

ReturnValue = 1

End If

Else

ReturnValue = 1

End If

CompareTwoVersionStrings = ReturnValue

End Function

Sub LogMessage(msg)

Dim rec

Set rec = Session.Installer.CreateRecord(1)

rec.StringData(0) = "Error : " & msg

Session.Message &H01000000,rec

End Sub

Function IsIllegalUpgrade()

Dim ProductVersion, PreviousVersion, ReturnValue

ProductVersion = Session.Property("ProductVersion")

PreviousVersion = Session.Property("PREVIOUS_VERSION")  

ReturnValue = CompareTwoVersionStrings(ProductVersion, PreviousVersion)

If ReturnValue >= 0 Then

IsIllegalUpgrade = 0 'This tells the MSI that the upgrade should be allowed

Else                    

LogMessage("The version of the Player that you are trying to install is lower than what is currently installed.")

IsIllegalUpgrade = 3 'This tells the MSI to abort

End If

End Function

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with Matrix42, what does it use (reg entry, control panel, ??) to uninstall the previous version?

Did any of the systems that are failing have a beta version installed previous to deploying 21.0.0.242?

Please upload the entire MSI verbose log file and the FlashInstall.log file from an impacted system to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions How to share a document .  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

The FlashInstall.log file is saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS, there's another FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  Both files are needed from a 64-bit OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we didn't deploy any beta-versions of Flash-Player, the second-latest version was 21.0.0.182 (official, not beta).

I uploaded the 3 requested  files to

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/e17aafbd-bdd6-460f-9d02-28087d0229db

The MSI verbose log is called "FP_Test.log".

But I think the more important log is the one, that is created in C:\Windows\temp:

=== Logging started: 20.05.2016  11:37:02 ===

Action start 11:37:02: INSTALL.

Action start 11:37:02: ISSetupFilesExtract.

Action ended 11:37:02: ISSetupFilesExtract. Return value 1.

Action start 11:37:02: ISSetAllUsers.

Action ended 11:37:02: ISSetAllUsers. Return value 1.

Action start 11:37:02: AppSearch.

Action ended 11:37:02: AppSearch. Return value 1.

Action start 11:37:02: LaunchConditions.

Action ended 11:37:02: LaunchConditions. Return value 1.

Action start 11:37:02: FindRelatedProducts.

Action ended 11:37:02: FindRelatedProducts. Return value 1.

Action start 11:37:02: ValidateProductID.

Action ended 11:37:02: ValidateProductID. Return value 1.

Action start 11:37:02: MakePropsAvailable.

Action ended 11:37:02: MakePropsAvailable. Return value 1.

Action start 11:37:02: IsIllegalUpgrade.

Action ended 11:37:02: IsIllegalUpgrade. Return value 3.

Action ended 11:37:02: INSTALL. Return value 3.

MSI (s) (0C:F8) [11:37:02:415]: Product: Adobe Flash Player 21 ActiveX -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (s) (0C:F8) [11:37:02:420]: Das Produkt wurde durch Windows Installer installiert. Produktname: Adobe Flash Player 21 ActiveX. Produktversion: 21.0.0.242. Produktsprache: 1033. Hersteller: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Erfolg- bzw. Fehlerstatus der Installation: 1603.

=== Logging stopped: 20.05.2016  11:37:02 ===

I think, this is the reason why the MSI aborts (bold lines). The one-million-dollar-question here is, what this script (IsIllegalUpgrade.vbs) does and where it gets its values from.

Here is the script (I appended .txt to the end):

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/1a927c7d-9086-40d7-9c99-e3dc740f97a9

In my opinion, we have 2 possibilities here:

- The script reads some wrong information from the msi (a greater version number than 21.0.0.242)

- The script reads "bad information" and the calculation at the end of the script does something like a divison by zero.

I tried to run the script in a DOS-box with cscript.exe...unfortunately no output.

Just to be sure, I tried this procedure on a test machine:

- Open the Flash-Player-MSI with SuperOrca

- Delete any line that contains "IsIllegalUpgrade"

- Save msi

- Deployed it

===> THAT WORKS, no errors

That could be a workaround, at least for this version. But I am sure, I will have exactly the same problem when I deploy the next version of Flash-Player...

Best regards,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for providing the files.  We are reviewing the log files.  How does Matrix42 attempt to uninstall the currently installed version?

On the systems that fail to upgrade, is 21.0.0.182 still installed?  Or is the system left with Flash Player installed?

The script checks if the installation is a downgrade attempt, if it is, the installation stops:

If ReturnValue >= 0 Then

IsIllegalUpgrade = 0 'This tells the MSI that the upgrade should be allowed

Else                   

LogMessage("The version of the Player that you are trying to install is lower than what is currently installed.")

IsIllegalUpgrade = 3 'This tells the MSI to abort

End If

And as you've concluded, for some reason, it thinks the version being installed is lower than what is currently installed.  We have seen similar situations in the past, where uses have deleted the previous MSI install files saved in the server cache, that are used to remove installed versions.  This is usually with SCCM. I'm not at all familiar with Matrix42 and don't now the process it uses to uninstall software.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you happen to modify the MSI installer (e.g. via transform file)? If so, what changes were made?

We're noticing some at least one missing item from the verbose log file that we'd expect to be there.  Can you provide another verbose log file for the same upgrade scenario (along with the corresponding FlashInstall.log file)?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

First, a short lesson in Matrix42: M42 uses a file named "setup.inf" to deploy software. In this file, all installtion opitions can be set. This file stays on the client until the software is removed. You should have at least an INSTALL and an UNINSTALL section in your setup.inf. For Flash Player 21.0.0.182, these two lines look like this:

INSTALL

Call MsiExec /I "%SRC%\install_flash_player_21.0.0.182_active_x.msi"   REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 /qb-! /Li "%MSILogFile%"

UNINSTALL

Call MsiExec /X {92C34178-B679-4C83-AC33-7EFCE6D36E01} REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qb-! /Li "%MSILogFile%"

When you deploy a software package to a client (e.g. PC1), the M42-Server looks in its database, if an older version of this software was deployed to PC1. If yes, it looks for the setup.inf of the old package for the uninstall string, uninstalls the software, takes the new setup.inf, looks for the install string and installs the new version.

I will answer your question from the last two post here:

- On all clients with this error, the uninstall of FP 21.0.0.182 works and is done. At the moment when the IsIllegalUpgrade-error comes up, no Flash Player is installed un the system. I searched the registry for the string "92C34178-B679-4C83-AC33-7EFCE6D36E01", no matches.

- I didn't provide any MST-file, I just opened the install_flash_player_21.0.0.242_active_x.msi, searched for "IsIllegalUpgrade", removed any lines that contained the string and saved the msi afterwards.

Sorry, at the moment, all pcs with errors are in use, I cannot generate any verbose log.

But it would really appreciate it, if you would answer the question I already asked twice: Where does the IsIllegalUpgrade.vbs script look for values..???

Thank you and best regards,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are 3 logs from another isillegalupgrade-error client:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/b9c03396-10a6-4eed-b481-aa6b67d06f79

Both "FlashInstall_32.log" and "FlashInstall_64.log" don't contain any information about the latest installation (11:44h, FP 21.0.0.242).

"FP_install_v.log" = msiexec /i ... /lv c:\temp\FP_install_v.log

Best regards,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The isIllegalUpgrade.vbs script looks for the previous version in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX .

Looking through the MSI log file, we see the following:

MSI (s) (BC:C4) [11:44:12:602]: Doing action: IsIllegalUpgrade

Action start 11:44:12: IsIllegalUpgrade.

MSI (s) (BC:68) [11:44:12:602]: Generating random cookie.

MSI (s) (BC:68) [11:44:12:602]: Created Custom Action Server with PID 3828 (0xEF4).

MSI (s) (BC:A4) [11:44:12:618]: Running as a service.

MSI (s) (BC:78) [11:44:12:618]: Hello, I'm your 32bit Impersonated custom action server.

MSI (s) (BC:AC) [11:44:12:633]: Failed to marshal script action.

MSI (s) (BC:AC) [11:44:12:633]: Failed to marshal script action.

Action ended 11:44:12: IsIllegalUpgrade. Return value 3.

Action ended 11:44:12: INSTALL. Return value 3.

MSI (s) (BC:C4) [11:44:12:633]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603

This (Failed to marshal script action) seems to be what is causing the error.  Performing an internet search for 'Failed to marshal script action' indicates this error has to do with something wrong with the OLE Automation library OLEAUT32.DLL (see Failed to marshal script action. - Advanced Installer and Failed to marshal script action - Custom Actions - InstallSite Forum​, among other search results).  This can explain why the MSI installer worked when you extracted the VB script.  I suspect if you compare the MSI log file from a system where installation was successful with an MSI log file from a system where the upgrade was not successful, this 'failed to marshal script action' error will not be there in the MSI log file from the system where the upgrade was successful.

Also, some information still appears to be missing.  It's possible this is due to how you are generating the log file.  Can you run the MSI installer with /L*v instead of /Li?  Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

2016-05-21 6:46 GMT+07:00 m_vargas <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Flash Player Deploy - "IsIllegalUpgrade" returns "3" created by m_vargas

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/m_vargas> in Installing Flash Player - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8763361#8763361>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue.  The installation for 21.0.0.242 was successful on 300+ machines in my environment, but I am getting the same 1603 error with the IsIllegalUpgrade returning the '3' on about 115 machines.  We uninstall the current version through a WMI query, then proceed to install the new application through the MSI with a MSP SCCM package.  I have searched the web and this is the only thread I have come across that has mentioned this specifically.  Any help would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi m_forbes

Do you see the same "Failed to marshal script action." comment above 'Return value 3'?  If so, it's most likely the same issue.  Failed to marshal script action has to do with the OLEAUT32.DLL library.

If not, please provide the following log files:

• FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS, there's another FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  Both files are needed from a 64-bit OS
  • A verbose MSI log file from an impacted system.  Run the MSI installer with /L*v to log the most information.

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions How to share a document .  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria -  I did take a look at the articles for the OLEAUT32.DLL.  It referenced a KB article and MS update.  I went to install the update and received notification that the update was not needed on the system and would not install.  I will get the install logs and upload then for you now. Thanks!

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for providing the additional information on the OLEAUT32.DLL.  In addition to the update mentioned in the links, can you confirm that this file is installed on the target system(s), and that it is correctly registered?

What Windows versions are exhibiting the behaviour?

The link only contains the MSI log file.  Please provide all files for the same installation attempt. To confirm, are you running the MSI installer with the /L*v option?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I ran the "regsvr32 oleaut32.dll" command and the DLL registered successfully.

The machines experiencing this behavior are Windows 7 64 bit workstations.

I am running the package as you requested.  I am running it from SCCM with the following string:

SET SOURCEDIR=%~dp0_INSTALL\
SET MSIFILE=install_flash_player_21_active_x.msi
SET MSTFILE=install_flash_player_21_active_x.mst

msiexec /i "%SOURCEDIR%%MSIFILE%" TRANSFORMS="%MSTFILE%" /l*v "%TEMP%\AdobeFlashPlayerActiveX21.0.0.242.log"

I attached the 2 log files that you requested above, but they have not been written to since 5/14/2016 - Let me add I attempted to run this install again this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

sorry for the late answer, the last days were quite busy.

I did a few tests, but nothing seemed to solve my IsIllegalUpgrade-problem.

1. I looked at the 2 links from Maria, downloaded and installed the hotfix on a test machine. Same error as before.

2. Then I copied the 2 (System32/SysWOW64) oleauth32.dlls from a client, that updated without errors. Here I noticed that the "error-version" was 6.1.7601.17676 and the "working-version" was 6.1.7601.23403. This fact filled me with a little hope, that this could be the reason for the error. So I took over the ownership of the ddls (original owner is "TrustedInstaller"), changed security settings, unregistered and renamed them, copied the new dlls, changed the owner of them back to TrustedInstaller, registered the new dlls and rebooted the pc. Unfortunately I received the same error as before.

3. Just to be sure, I downloaded the msi a second time from Adobe and built the package new from scratch. Same error.

4. I tried the installtion on the "regular" way, went to "Adobe Flash Player-Installation für alle Versionen " and started it. This time, Flash-Player was installed correctly. I uninstalled it and deployed my package again, error.

Maria, you said, that the IsIllegaUpgrade.vbs looks in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX for an installed version. As I mentioned before, the uninstall from FP 21.0.0.182 was successful, so at the time of the installation, the mentioned registry-key wasn't there (I checked it). I also didn't deploy any newer (beta-)versions of FP than 21.0.0.242...so the script could only find older versions (in case some uninstaller did not remove a registry-key).

Meanwhile, I am running out of "error-pcs", as our main application needs Flash-Player (no comments, please, I know..! ), I had to deploy my working version (the cleaned msi, that does not create and execute the IsIllegalUpgrade.vbs). This is a workaround for this version, but I am quite sure, that the error will come back with the next version of Flash-Player, I will deploy...

These were my latest experiences, sorry for no solution...

Best regards,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the additional information.  We're still investigating this.

The installer posted at get.adobe.com/flashplayer worked because it's the EXE installer which doesn't utilize the VBScript to perform the downgrade check.  EXEs perform the downgrade check differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any resolution to this? i have been working on this issue for last few days.

trying to install 21.0.0.242 using SCCM but it fails with same error code as above.

have tried Flash cleanup tool and manually install the MSI but no luck.

installing via EXE works.

have also looked at this but the KB does not apply.

Failed to marshal script action. - Advanced Installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jack%20Pater

There is no resolution yet.

Did you check if OLEAUT32.DLL is properly registered, or try to re-register it?

What version, if any is installed on the system?

Are you uninstalling the installed version first and then installing 21.0.0.242?  If so, how are you uninstalling?

Please provide a verbose MSI log (using the /L*v command to obtain the verbose log) and FlashInstall.log file for the same installation attempt from an impacted system.  The FlashInstall.log file is saved at:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohnTheFisherman , M_Forbes , and https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jack%20Pater

If you are still experiencing the behaviour, please provide an MSI log file with the verbose AND extra debugging options enabled:  L*vx

Upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the How to share a document  instructions.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@m_vargas:

Hello Maria,

as I mentioned in my last post, I am running out of "error-pcs" as we have a production environment that (unfortunantely) needs Flash-Player. As a result of this, I cannot post any more logs. But I am sure, that the error still exists.

Do you know when the next version of Flash-Player will be released..? I am quite sure, that the error will come back..! 😉

Best regards,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria -

I am really not sure what happened, I have not made any changes.  But checking my SCCM reporting this morning, over the weekend my 100+ failures all installed successfully.  I really have no reason as to why this would resolve on its own.  Right now I have 6 machines, (all currently have users on them) that I need to investigate what is going on with them.  I will follow up if I can find anything further.

This is VERY strange to me.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@M_Forbes

I'm glad everything is working fine now, and I agree it is strange.  Where there any updates installed on those system or other changes made (without your knowledge)?  Perhaps the Event Viewer log files might provide some information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria -

Found a machine that is still having the issue.  I updated all MS updates on the machine to match and still getting the same error.  I have captured the MSI log using the L*vx for you.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines