• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Technical Communication Suite 1.3 Announced

Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Technical Communication Suite (www.adobe.com/products/technicalcommunicationsuite) has been updated today. Technical Communication Suite 1.3 now contains the new Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. Technical Communication Suite customers can purchase an upgrade that includes Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended is a superset of Acrobat 9 Pro, all the powerful 3D features, and Adobe Presenter, Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES, and Adobe 3D Reviewer software. With Presenter, you can add video, voice-over, demos, and interactive quizzes to Microsoft PowerPoint slides, and then output to PDF for reliable, cross-platform sharing. I am sure learning professionals will love this new and exciting feature.

With Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, you can now deliver the richest, most engaging PDFs with new support for videos and portfolios.

Easily share video in PDF - Convert a variety of video formats to FLV for reliable, cross-platform sharing of video, animations, and applications in PDF documents. With native support for Adobe Flash technology, no additional media player is necessary for playback.

Insert video in PDF - Embed video in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and convert to FLV in PDF or insert FLV or H.264 video in PDF files for direct playback in Acrobat and Adobe Reader.

Easily review video - Comment on video using any of the commenting and markup tools to add feedback to a specific frame.

Unify the widest range of content in a PDF Portfolio - Assemble documents, drawings, e-mail, spreadsheets, and rich media — including audio, video, 3D, and maps — in a single, compressed PDF Portfolio.

Use professionally designed templates - Choose one of many professional templates to quickly integrate content, define navigation, and add polish to your PDF Portfolio. Add your logo and include descriptions to guide recipients through the contents.

I have not listed the most compelling 3D features here. For more details on features, please click here - http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatproextended/features/

Acrobat.com services are now available (announced simultaneously) that enable you to store and share large documents, collect form data, and review documents with virtually anyone across the world.

Thanks and regards
Vivek Jain

Group Product Manager, Adobe Systems
Adobe Technical Communication Suite, FrameMaker and RoboHelp
www.adobe.com/products/technicalcommunicationsuite/
blog- http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/
RoboHelp Packager for Adobe AIR- http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/robohelp/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vivek,

Thanks for the announcement.

It is nice to know that anyone that now purchases the Technical Communication Suite 1.3 as an upgrade will get Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended for the same price I paid in October 2007 for the Tech Comm Suite with Adobe Acrobat 8. Had I only waited until this month to purchase the Technical Communication Suite I too would have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat but alas, I will have to spend an additional $300US to upgrade to TCS 1.3. Which means I will have paid 30% more for the TCS than anyone purchasing it now.

Sometimes it just does not pay to be an early adopter of a product and have to go through the pain of wondering why RoboHelp 7 was so slow (among other bugs)...but I digress.

I understand you likely have nothing to do with the pricing, but I felt I had to say something.

Regards,

Randi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We bought 3 copies of TCS about a month ago, so the same applies here... quite fustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

While it may seem frustrating, I really view this no differently than I would if I were to pop over to Best Buy or Circuit City and buy a new laptop computer. Yes, I might have the latest and greatest at the moment, but I know that down the road something even more powerful will replace what I had the opportunity to use at the time I made the initial purchase.

I guess it's a matter of do you opt in now or play the waiting game.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair point Rick, and to be honest I'm less bothered about Acrobat being updated than if they were to release RH8 or CP4 tomorrow and say that we had to pay extra for these, having just bought the suite..

I guess the point is that the TCS is a pretty new bundle and I would expect a slightly longer shelf life.. but c'est la vie :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ah, I just got TCS and Acrobat 8 Pro last week! We ordered it a month ago - it took all that time to filter through purchasing and IT. I don't think I need anything in Acrobat 9 at the moment though. Still, it would be nice to get a free upgrade. ;-)

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp