• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add images to existing Collection Lr

Explorer ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping this is going to be understandable what I am trying to ask....

Once a series of selected images has been imported into the LR catalog as a collection, is there a way to move the collection within the catalog to another collection within the catalog? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to import (I don't want to move the original images but just add to LR) to a collection that is already in LR. When I select the ADD icon, it doesn't allow me to choose a collection to add it to; it only imports into the catalog as a new collection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Hi skorg,

Well, Add is the option on the import windows which initially allows you to add images to the Lightroom catalog. Once you finish with that process then you can simply drag your images to the collections folder to where you want to add it and start the further editing.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I like to do it is to import the images in the folder they are already in if they are on my computer, or else import new images from a card and place them in a folder. Then it's easy to add images to any collection. Collections are not physical places on the hard drive, but rather an organizing mechanism within the Lightroom catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim:

I'm not sure I follow. I understand what you are saying...but when I import I am not given the option to add the images to any collection whether importing from a folder on my External Drive or from my camera when using the 'Add' option at the top of the library module.  It just takes the images and makes a new collection.

If it is giving me options then I'm not seeing it or understanding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To designate a Target Collection before you import, you go to the Collections panel in the Library Module, and right-click on the desired collection and select "Set as Target Collection". It will then have a + appended to the collection name to indicate it is the Target collection.

In the Import dialog box, you check the box Add to Collection (it's under File Handling) and this will add your imports to the previously selected Target collection.

If you ask me, it's easier to just drag and drop the photos into the desired collection after import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the "Add to Collection" feature during import. This functionality no longer works, at least for me, since the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue for me.  It's never worked on m LR CC.  Great idea but it just doesn't seem to do anything.  I still have to manually drag my images into the desired collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skorg,

Well, Add is the option on the import windows which initially allows you to add images to the Lightroom catalog. Once you finish with that process then you can simply drag your images to the collections folder to where you want to add it and start the further editing.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the LR Library you can right-click (control-click) on any collection and choose “Set As target Collection”

That switches the plus icon from the Quick Collection to the named collection.

Select any thumbnail(s) and press the B key to instantly add the photos to your target collection.

You can have the same image in multiple collections. Think of them like playlists in iTunes where you can put the same music track into many play lists, but they all reference the same mp3 file on your disk.

So you might have the same photo in a saved print collection, a book collection, a slideshow collection or for a specific event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines