• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video: Old Help Looks Different? Skin Issue? Template?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2008 Jun 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating a WebHelp project using RH7 and when I open the latest files they are using the Cool Blue skin...but when I go to the hardware device, running a webserver and displaying the help files the interface (skin) looks different!?!? So I thought I just needed to change the skin on the current files to match the previous release, but the RH catalog doesn't display a similar skin. So how do I get the current help files to "look like" the last release of the help files.

Hopefully the video describes my situation better:

http://screencast.com/t/IJwnRKGthHh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2008 Jun 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: I'm using RH6, not 7, so the layout may have changed, but I'd expect it to be similar. :)

If you go into the Single Source Layout Properties that you use to generate the help, is there an option in the Select Skin box for "Traditional style - no skin"? I think that's the option which generates the layout you see on the server.
Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Amber that was correct. I could change it to another skin that way. Thanks.

....But, when I take a look at that video again I notice the old help had purple books and more distinct tabs whereas the new skin has light blue book and less distinct tabs...it is almost as if they created it in HTML Help and then converted or changed primary layout to WebHelp and regenerated. But I tried an experiment. I created a small help project in MS HTML Help format and changed primary layout to WebHelp and generated the layout, thinking I might get purple books. But it still doesn't have purple books and distinct tabs....oh well I don't have time to experiment anymore. The current skin looks acceptable enough as it is .......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forme3d,

I meant that to achieve the look in your video, you should compile with "Traditional style - no skin" selected in that box. Have you tried that?

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Perfect!Thanks. Now I have my purple books and it looks like the previous release.
(heers,
Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp