• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Update

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Updater popped up today (5/26/16) with an update.  When it was ready to install, of course it asked me to confirm that I'd read the User Agreement.  When I clicked on "read user agreement" instead of the link leading me to a page with the user agreement, it sent me to a page with a list of user agreements for all Adobe software.  When I clicked on the end user agreement for Adobe Flash Updater it was all in Arabic.  I quit the installer and searched for the end agreement on Adobe.com and a search produced the English version.  Do I need to be concerned?  Is there a fake Adobe Flash Updater out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

The Flash Player EULA is localized in all supported language in a single document, listed in alphabetic order. The English version starts on page 87.

When launched it's supposed to go to the language based on the system settings. For example,  I'm on Windows 7 using the latest version of Google and the Chrome PDF Viewer.  When I view the EULA it initially displays the beginning of the EULA, in Arabic, but a second or two later, it jumps to the English version.  Not sure why this isn't happening f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player EULA is localized in all supported language in a single document, listed in alphabetic order. The English version starts on page 87.

When launched it's supposed to go to the language based on the system settings. For example,  I'm on Windows 7 using the latest version of Google and the Chrome PDF Viewer.  When I view the EULA it initially displays the beginning of the EULA, in Arabic, but a second or two later, it jumps to the English version.  Not sure why this isn't happening for you.

• What Operating System, including version do you have?
  • Which browser, including version, are you using?
  • What PDF viewer are you using?
  • Are you viewing in-browser, or standalone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies.  I am on Apple 10.11.5, using FF 46.0.1, and the in-browser PDF viewer.

Strikes me as odd that EULA pops up in Arabic first (alphabetically??); but for me, no, it didn't switch.  Stayed in Arabic.  I did go to another EULA in that list (picked at random, I couldn't tell you which one), and that one did pop up in English, with a link at the top to get to the Arabic version.  It just struck me as odd - and I don't usually get an urge to glance over the EULA - not sure what made me decide to this time.  So being a little extra spooked, I thought I should check on the legitimacy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arabic is first in the list of supported language, so it's at the top of the list.

I'll notify the team that handles the online documentation that it's not jumping to the appropriate language depending on PDF viewer being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for taking a while to get back to you - and for reading your initial answer too quickly - I did see that you said that it lists Arabic first (alphabetically) as soon as I hit submit on my reply.  It makes sense - I just wanted to confirm.

As for my plug-in...  Well...  Not as obvious as it should be.  Apparently it's been a while since I cleaned up...  So I have two PDF plug-ins, and both are set at "ask to activate" - not that I'm ever asked, it just works.  I tried deactivating them one at a time to see which one is active, but they both work when the other is deactivated (and FF restarted), and appear to display PDFs identically.  So I don't know which happens to kick in...  (I assume that it is Adobe's, but that may not be a good assumption).  The two are:

PDF Browser Plugin v.2.4.4

Adobe Acrobat NPAPI Plug-in v.10.1.16

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I investigated this further yesterday and found that Firefox (on Windows & Mac) and Safari and Macs Preview software all exhibit the same behaviour - they don't jump to the expected language. Chrome, Opera, IE, and Vivaldi (a new chromium-based browser) all jump to the expected language. I escalated this, however, don't know when it'll be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem--the EULA comes up in Arabic, then Spanish, then Czech, etc.  But even when I scroll down to the English version, there doesn't seem to be anything to indicate I have read it.  So when I go back to the agree/disagree page the only choice is "disagree"--presumably because it doesn't recognize I've read the EULA!  Is there a way to work around this so I can install Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
So when I go back to the agree/disagree page the only choice is "disagree"

Which page are you referring to?  The Flash Player download page only states that by clicking the 'Install Now' (or Download Now, depending on the workflow) the user has acknowledged reading the EULA.  There isn't a specific an agree/disagree button:

Posting a screenshot of what you're experiencing is very helpful.

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines