• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create topics in BOOK by XML import .....

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

I have big problem with HTML help.

HTML pages in Robohelp are created by importing data in XML using XSL transformation.
At present, the BOOK with topics on this HTML pages is automatically generated; topics are created in BOOK based on bookmarks on this HTML page.

I have to create topic’s hierarchical structure in BOOK based on rules defined by myself – some XML tags; not based on bookmarks on HTML page.

Thank you for any tips.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me .

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are saying is that if you autocreate the TOC, it is based on topics and bookmarks and that you want it to be in some other format.

If that is the case, you will have to manually create your TOC.

Otherwise, I am not understanding the question. Please rephrase it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, when importing XML file into Robohelp HTML page is created.

On the HTML page there are bookmarks.

Question is, how I can create TOPICS in BOOK so that the TOPICS will not create based on bookmarks, rather based on another basis. How and where we can define it?

Is it possible use independent import for BOOKs based on XML file? Then, I will define in this XML file names, hierarchy, and references to HTML pages.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say BOOK, do you mean Books in the TOC? If not, what do you mean?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ofcourse I think "Books in the TOC" .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already explained the options for creating a TOC so is the problem that the topics are not being created in Project Manager in the way you want when you import. These are two entirely separate things.

When you import, topics are based on heading levels. Once you have imported, the TOC can then be created as I have described.

Can anyone else understand this poster's problem because it is still not clear to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read it a few times, but not completely clear. Is he possibly talking about "Using different TOC/Index structures within a compiled .CHM" that Rick describes in his Tips and Tricks?

Jany56,

See Rick's Tips and Tricks here.

Hope this helps

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.
Please see this pictures:

1. I imported XML file by XSL transformaton into RoboHelp
I use XSL file, see picture:
http://www.ukazto.com/img/xsl_file.jpg

2. I have HTML page with my data from this XML file:
http://www.ukazto.com/img/picture01-k051.jpg

3. Automaticaly generated Topics are this:
http://www.ukazto.com/img/picture02.jpg

4. I need automatically generated hierarchical topics on HTML page:
http://www.ukazto.com/img/picture03.jpg
This topics I created manualy.

5. For exapmle: Can I use any new XML tag for create topics ?
http://www.ukazto.com/img/xsl_file2.jpg

Do you understand ?

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my pictures now, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May we could understand if we could see images of a decent size. Any chance of making more than 2cm tall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, is this pictures small ?
http://www.ukazto.com/img/xsl_file.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refresh your browser, I changed link to pictures.
I wrote that : "See my pictures now, thanks. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I now understand the question.

You are using an XML transformation to import your data into RoboHelp.

The process creates topics and bookmarks.

By using AutoCreate TOC, those topics and bookmarks create a TOC as shown in Picture 2. However that is nothing like the TOC you want.

The TOC you want requires a top level book with the same name as the autogenerated TOC but then requires sub-books with names which derive from the hyperlinks that you refer to as Block 1 and Block 2. The topics you show in Picture 3 are presumably the targets of those hyperlinks.

If I am right so far, I cannot see how you can achieve this during the import. I have not tried to do what you are doing but it looks like where you need to be looking is at the project's HHC file. That contains the TOC and if you study that, then creating that file outside of RoboHelp and then putting it in the project root folder might give you what you want. It must have the same name as the project XPJ file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.
It is possible. This technique fixed my problem.
Thank you.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Phew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp