• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fraudulent "update"?

New Here ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing nothing special on my Win10 pc, in Chrome, an apparently Abobe window opened and told me to update Flashplayer.  This occurs at approx 10:45pm EDT.  Because I always have my browsers display the URL showing where I am, I glance up and see not adobe.com but ...

[link removed]

I closed the window immediately, then searched for the domain and found ... no hits.

I can only presume an infection on my pc, so will run Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, and whatever else I can.

HOWEVER, in case it is *not* a local problem, it only makes sense to alert Adobe and its users by posting the suspicious link.

- d° ♬

Message was edited by: Jeromie Clark - removed the malware link so that it didn't accidentally get followed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is absolutely fraudulent update notification.  Someone reported the same issue on the same domain yesterday and I forwarded that to our fraud department.  Your URL is slightly different and I have forwarded your URL to the fraud department as well.

I recommend running full scans on your system for malware, virus, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for other people running across this thread:

If you encounter fake Flash Player downloads in the future, please forward the complete address bar and a screenshot to fraud@adobe.com or phishing@adobe.com, and we'll be happy to pursue it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines