• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a "flip book" from InDesign

Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I have a client who wanted a "flip book" of a brochure I created for him in InDesign. I did some research, and figured out how to export it as an swf file. This does exactly what he wants it to do. But... in looking how to get it online, I read that swf files are passé. So... how do I create a "flip book" (so it looks like you're turning the pages of a book) without using SWF files from InDesign???

Thanks.

julie

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF is a dead format and will not work on any mobile device nor on any device without flashplayer installed.

Seriously, don’t do this. It’s a gimmick at best and I for one hit the back button the second I see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no export from Indesign with page flip other than SWF. But there are online services that create HTML5 flip books. Here is a site with examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of companies offering a flip-book facility, usually from a PDF, which you can create from an InDesign document  - here's an example: Flipbook Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a similar question. And have used Flippingbook.com before.

But this time the client does'nt want to pay subscription.

Are there an apps we can just buy one time to do flipping book style and publish online?

Of course the cheaper the better.

thanks in advance

Lanz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek

Thanks for that tip. Have you you it yourself? Whats your take on it?

Also I stumbled just now this: Yumpu - Free 3D Flipbook Tool

Are there any users of yumpu here? Any thoughts? is it for real?

Thanks again

Orland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Orland - did anyone ever actually answer your question?  I have the same situation - a client that doesn't want to pay for the services and the one publishing service that I did find that I liked was issuu.com but this catalogue is way too large of a file for their service (yes it has been condensed) so while we are building them the custom site they want, I have a Muse site on their domain and want to insert the SWF flip book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don’t want to pay? Tell them they get what they pay for.

As for SWF, that’s been discussed to death, with the emphasis on death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate the responses guys - the muse site is temporary.  I don't want to sign up for another service for this temporary site.  I'm in the process of exporting exactly what I needed for this in InDesign as I type this.  Again, no offense, but yes i know they get what they pay for etc, etc but for this particular situation and client I was willing to go look around for a solution that I wouldn't usually recommend.  Looks like I am all set.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines