• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape layer content keyboard shortcut

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a keyboard shortcut or any other fast way to access contents of Shape layer? Its pain to always use mouse for clicking multiple times to access stroke, path or other options.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no keyboard shortcut. What I do is type 'path' in the search field at the top of the Timeline panel to expose paths, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, really helpful hint!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a time saver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tip just changed my life, thanks a lot, Todd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this is a not bad solution. lol, I'm just realizing I'm replying to an issue from 2013.
In the intervening 7 years, is there now a regular keyboard shortcut or mappable command to reveal the shape items in those layers?

Otherwise this solution is working for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still super helpful 8 years later. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also use the search field for this.

Quick Tip: the keyboard shortcut for the search field is Ctrl/f. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice to be able to access at least the transform properties of a shape layers using shortcuts. Feature request?

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I agree... would have been nice to have a shortcut.

What I do: Just hit "G" to select your path tool. Then click on one of the points, then toggle back to "V" for pointer and then you can transform your points. It's the quickest way if you have multiple shapes and you need to transform them frequently...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering this old post. Super helpful, didn`t know this trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do all my path editing by simply pressing the g key to bring up the pen tool and then I use the Ctrl/Cmnd and Alt/Option keys to change the pen tool on the fly from the path/point selection tool (small black upside down and tilted black pointer) to the direct or marquis selection tool (small white upside-down and tilted white pointer) and the convert/adjust vertex tool (upside down and slightly tilted open V). I do the same thing when editing points and paths in Illustrator but to make the modifier keys more useful I always select the direct selection tool (a) in illustrator and then the pen tool (p). I've been doing it for years. When you have points selected using the direct selection tool (inverted white pointer) you can press Ctrl/Cmnd + t to bring up the transform tool and manipulate multiple selected points/paths at the same time. Trying to manipulate paths using only the selection tool (v) can be frustrating. Using the pen tool and modifier keys is a breeze once you get used to it. It should take you about 10 minutes of practice to get the hang of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chapeau bas ShaolinWood. It is a truly master tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saved my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hit:

UU

then shift+e (which hides the whole effect list)

if You then just close and open the main content triangle, all hidden attributes under contents appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I started using the timeline search field my life got so much easier.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can create one shape layer, add a rectangle, convert to bezier, delete 2 points (keep a line), add a stroke.

Select all the properties you want to keep in the future, and then add a new animation preset.

You can then give it a key to evoke it, or use an external plugin (kbar for instance) where you keep all these tools in a neat toolbar.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Joao

www.joaomonteiro.tv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines