• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Update Flash

New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I go to click update flash player, it takes me to the page and the install now big yellow button at the bottom of the screen appears for about 2 seconds and before I have a chance to click it, it disaperes and says, 'Note: Your antivirus software must allow you to install software.' I have disabled all antivirus software I have and still no luck.

I am running Mac OSX 10.11.4.

This also happened when I tried to install Adobe for the first time on this machine so its a regular occurrence

Please could someone provide me with a direct link download?

Cheer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

What browser are you using?  What anti-virus software are you using?  Once provided, I'll forward your issue to the team that handles the download page for further investigation.

Does the same behaviour happen when you go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions?  On this page you'll need to select the browser and plugin type you want

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using?  What anti-virus software are you using?  Once provided, I'll forward your issue to the team that handles the download page for further investigation.

Does the same behaviour happen when you go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions?  On this page you'll need to select the browser and plugin type you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari 9.1.

I have uninstalled my antivirus so none now.

This link works. In future how do I get to think link for when new updates are released. I don't want to have to keep posting..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which anti-virus did you have?

We highly encourage you to opt into Background Updates.  This is the 'allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)' option when you install Flash Player.  You can also modify the settings in the System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab.  When opted into Background Updates, Flash Player continuously checks for an update and when one is found it downloads and installs it silently in the background.  No user interaction required.  Computers opted into Background Updates are generally updated within 24 hours of a release.  Oftentimes earlier than that.

Alternatively, you can bookmark the get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't know, it was pre-installed on the laptop.

Many thanks Ive done this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,  Thank you for replying.  By knowing which anti-virus it was we could attempt to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But even when uninstalled it does the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand you latest comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when the Antivirus software that was installed was uninstalled, the adobe page still didn't let me install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, ok.  Thanks for the additional information.  I have forwarded this issue to the folks who handle the download page.  They may need to get more information from you.  If so, they'll comment on this discussion thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this same problem, and i don't run an installed virus checker, i have had this problem with every update for flash since owning my iMac and had to use and alternative link provided on the forum for each update.

OS X el captain

version 10.11.5

Safari

Version 9.1.1 (11601.6.17)

Many Thanks

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Can you share screenshot of the page ?

Thanks,

Eswar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please view the image in imager Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

many thanks

Steven

Ps im now having problems getting it into my mac book pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problem..." I go to click update flash player, it takes me to the page and the install now big yellow button at the bottom of the screen appears for about 2 seconds and before I have a chance to click it, it disaperes and says, 'Note: Your antivirus software must allow you to install software.'"

My antivirus software is Avira. I am running OS X 10.10.5. Safari version 10.0.

SO FRUSTRATING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 'Note: Your antivirus software must allow you to install software.' note on the page is static text.  It's always there and has nothing to do with the download button disappearing.  I will forward your post to the team handling that page.  In the mean time, you can download the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines