• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Error

New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the newest version of flash on my computer. I have a windows PC running windows 7 professional, using Firefox.  I have gone as far as to remove the prior versions of flash that I had from my system. Whenever I download the file and attempt to install I get an error message stating it is unable to install because there is an installer already running and can only have one instance.  When I downloaded the stand alone installation file, it began installation, then provided me with the same error message. I need to have this installed to run the programs for an online course I am taking and am very frustrated.  The error message occurs whether or not firefox is open and the same message occurs when attempting to install from internet explorer.

screenshot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted the clean install and it still provides me with the same messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible some other process is still active. Try again, and if you get the same error, launch Task Manager. Look for processes with Flash in the name and terminate them (right-click > close).

Also, what is the file name of the installer you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone through task manager and there are no other active flash processes running. Now it started that when it installs and I click the "finish" button on the window that says "only a single copy of the installer can run at a time...." there is another installation window behind it which is asking about the "update flash player preferences" regarding automatic updates.

The file name for installation is called. flashplayer21_xa_install.exe

What if when i do the tips for the clean install I also delete the flashinstallation.log? I have not done so because it said not to, but could that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up installing it in safe mode and it worked for firefox. Then I attempted to reinstall with the active x file for IE and it told me that there was another installer working, restart browser. When i restarted flash worked in IE as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines