• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Adobe "Test Flash Player" says it is not installed; the installer says it is.

New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download an app that needs Flash 11.1 - which it says I do not have. Step 1: When I go to the Adobe Flash download page, it tells me that Flash comes with Windows 8, and therefore I don't need to download it. Step 2: When I hit the button that says "Test Flash Player", the message says "Flash is either not installed, not enabled, or ActiveX  filtering is on". Step 3: I follow the instructions for enabling Flash (it already is) and turning off ActiveX filtering (it is already off), but Test Flash gives me the same message. If I try downloading Flash, I go back to Step 1.

Microsoft tells me to get help from Adobe. Of course, there is no help from Adobe except this forum. If anyone can help with this I would appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firstly, you won't be able to install Flash Player 11.1 for Internet Explorer on Windows 8.  As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player for IE and there's no way to install a previous version of Flash Player for IE on these systems.

If Flash Player is enabled, and ActiveX Filtering is disabled, the widget should detect Flash correctly.  Does Flash work on other pages, for example, http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about or http://www.homestarrunner.com/, or other sites?

Does it work if you enable compatibility mode: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you helped to the extent that the links you provided 1) told me I had the latest version of Flash Player, and 2) it worked with other apps. After several sessions with Sirius XM (who decided I had a computer problem and recommended I contact Dell!), I finally downloaded Chrome and was able to run what I wanted from Chrome.

So that you very much. During the course of this process, someone told me that Flash is an abomination, and I have no reason to doubt them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines