• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Headers and Footers error when editing topic

Participant ,
Jun 03, 2008 Jun 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this problem has already been reported, but I can't seem to search for the relevant thread (I keep getting the "Site Area is Temporarily Unavailable" message from Adobe). Here's the problem--intermittently when I edit topics in RH7, I receive an error saying, "This topic was created from a template and the header and footer has been modified. What would you like to do?" My choices are to apply the modification to all topics or to remove the link to the template.
Neither of these seem like good choices, since I haven't been editing the header or footer when I receive this error. As far as I can tell, the error is pretty random--sometimes it occurs after I've edited something in the HTML, sometimes it happens when I change a topic property (renaming the topic, for example), and sometimes it just happens.
Any ideas as to what causes this and what I should do to prevent it/recover from it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is running in another thread. I suspect your header or footer contains a variable. If so that is the cause. Adobe aware and it will be fixed in a future release.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no variables. I don't have any defined for the project. I do use conditional text in the headers and footers, though. Could that be it? (PS. I'm sorry if this repeats what's in the other thread, but I'm having a terrible time accessing the Adobe forum these past few days. Is that me, or something wrong with the site?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No date fields or anything like that?

The site has been a problem in recent days. I have seen it and others have mentioned it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no dates or other varibles. Both the header and the footer are set up as tables.
The header include a graphics (company logo) and the name of the help system. It is marked with the Online condition.
The footer has a printer icon and underlying code which prints just the topic. It also includes a hyperlink to the copyright page. It too is marked with the Online condition.
But no variables or dates.

BTW, when I was looking at the HTML, I came across the <robohelp> tag--what does that do? It seems to be in various places throughout...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy of the project and open that. Remove the header and footer items one by one. After each removal, save and then make an edit. I think you will find that after removing one of them, the problem will stop.

That doesn't solve it unless you can make the decision to remove it. However, at least you will know what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter, as usual, for your expert advice. I don't have time today to follow your instructions, but I will do that and let you (and Adobe) know what I find. Part of the problem is that the error is so intermittent. It apparently takes just the right combination of circumstances to occur--I can go days without seeing it, then see the error three times in a row. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just found this thread. I think it might be relevant

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=1353316

Suggests something in your template is set to autoupdate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp