• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot connect to Adobe server to authorize my computer.

May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am installing adobe digital editions on my computer.  i am trying to Authorize my computer and the error that i am getting is digital editions could not connect to the activation server.  I am connected to the internet my computer cannot connect to Adone server. How can i fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Hi Shreya,

I am just trying your instructions now and i get into the registry and there is nothing that says HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept.  My computer just says HKEY_CURRENT_USER and there is nothing in there that says Adobe software.  I can deauthorize ADE from the program itself should i do that and reauthorize it again?

Thank youJulie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check your system date is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked the date and time.  I have also changed the date and time to eastern standard time and central time that did not work. I have also disabled my firewall and I have allowed the program access through my firewall and that did not work.  I have tested my internet connection and i have clicked on Adobes tests and they work.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program again and no luck there either.  Do you have any other ideas? I spoke with Amit at customer service and he is going to escalate the issue for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try restoring internet explorer to default setttings:

1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
  6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  7. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  8. Close Internet Explorer.Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

Reference: Reset Internet Explorer settings

Now LAunch ADE and try to authorize.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shreya, The instructions above kind of worked.  i got the program to authorize now when i download the book into the program it says error check authorization.   I am down loading the book in Firefox not Internet Explorer.  I just tried internet explorer and I got the same error message as Firefox.   Thank youJulie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shreya,

The error that i am getting is ERROR Check Activation and the program will not let me download the book into it?  The instrucutions you sent me did let me activate the program.  I am downloading the book using Firefox.  I tried Internet Explorer and i got the same error message. 

Thank youJulie Kennedy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are using Windows or Mac ?? and ADE version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows vista and ADE version 4.03 the newest version you are offering at this time.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again. [Launch ADE; Help-> authorize computer.]

This will solve your problem !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shreya,

I am just trying your instructions now and i get into the registry and there is nothing that says HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept.  My computer just says HKEY_CURRENT_USER and there is nothing in there that says Adobe software.  I can deauthorize ADE from the program itself should i do that and reauthorize it again?

Thank youJulie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shreya,

I figured it out and it is working i was able to download the book. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, but I can't get it to work. How did you fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Courtney

What worked for me were Shreya instructions on resetting internet explorer which was step 3 in the process. I can send the instructions to your email if you cannot see them on Adobe forum.

Julie

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the sameADE computer authorization  problem but have Microsoft Edge browser rather than IE on my windows 10 laptop.

I have deleted the registration key for Adobe adept, and cleared all personal data from Edge, but still get the same error when I try to authorize my computer, ie "Activation Server error..... Digital Editions encountered an error on the activation server". I have spent several hours on this and would really appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines