Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE will not recongnize ACSM FILES

New Here ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded the most recent version of Adobe digital editions.  Tried to download a library book in epub format.  It downloaded to my hard drive in the ACSM format to downloads folder.  Double clicked and window opened asking which program to open it in.  It suggested Acrobat reader, searched  to find ADE program and it won't recognize file.  Tried to copy, no good, tried to copy to desktop then drag to ADE and that doesn't work either.  I had no trouble authorizing this computer. 

Please help and thank you for any information.

Lisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open Digital Edition.
Then go to file > Add to Library.
Now choose the file of the Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wants a vendor ID won't take my adobe ID.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you open/download the File before you authorze Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did.  I ended up removing ADE 4.51 and installing 3.O.  I made sure the file associated before download was for ACSM AND epub files.  I was able to authorize the computer.  I went into my computer and made sure the file association was set to ADE 3.o for epub.  tried to download another library book and it went to my documents again as an ASCM file.  I definately downloaded e pub from library.  Went to my computer again and tried to make ADE default for ASCM files and it will not let me change it from Acrobat which will not open the book.  So library problem or ADE problem.  So frustrating...

thanks,

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

won't let me do it. got errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And which error exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I was able to copy and paste the ASCM file into DE but now it wants a vendor id to open the book. It will not take my adobe ID. 

Should I uninstall DE and install an older version?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa

I had the same problem as yours.  I had downloaded ADE and did not authorize it immediately. So I opened my book there and could not open it in any other device. I then authorized it later on. Apparently when you open a highly secured ebook on an anonymously activated ADE, only that device/pc will open that book. The consultants from Adobe could not help me as the problem was with the ebook and not their software.I had to contac my Vendor (takealot) to reset the ebook for me and then I am now reading it. If you also bought that ebook, please contact your vendor and they will assist you if the problem is the book and not the adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines