Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another preview related bug???

Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I reported an issue (bug) with preview and non-auto-update variable. See http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=449&threadid=1364202&e...

I have another issue with preview:
- I update text within the body of a topic (I DO NOT toch header/footer that are set in template)
- Do a preview
- Close/save topic
- RH comes up with dialog saying:

"This topic was created from a template and the header of footer has been modified.
What would you like to do:
- Apply this modification to all topics created from the template
- Apply this modification to this topic only"

Again, I never touched header/footer.

Can anyone using 7.0.2 confirm this behavior?

Herman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this was reported a few months back. Make sure your "days searched" is increased and then you might find it with a search.

Are you asking about 7.0.2 because that is what you have tried with or to find out if applying it will fix it?

If anyone does know the answer, please post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.

> Are you asking about 7.0.2 because that is what you have tried with or to find out if applying it will fix it?

I tried it with 7.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted a couple of people to ask if they can advise. If they can, I will post back.

Have you tried this in any other project or a dummy project?

I wonder if making a copy of the project and deleting the CPD file before opening would change things.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Have you tried this in any other project or a dummy project?

Yes, I also tried this in a dummy project.

> I wonder if making a copy of the project and deleting the CPD file before opening would change things.

I've just tried that too. Doesn't change a thing.

Herman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep checking for when my site comes back up. When it does, send me that dummy project.

Assuming I hit the same problem, I will send it to Adobe but that will not get us a short term answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2008 Jun 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the reason is that your headers and footers containing a script so that when you open the topic, RH is seeing that as a change.

After I removed the scripts from the template, the prompt stopped.

Try it in the project you sent me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I ran some additional tests.

IMO it's *not* the script but the date/time variable in the footer at the bottom right (auto-update=true).

I left the scripts alone and removed variable: OK
I removed scripts, and left variable alone: NOT OK

The variable gets updated during preview and triggers header/footer dialog. Clearly undesired behavior.

Herman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Any objection to me sending that project to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Any objection to me sending that project to Adobe?

No, please do. Thanks again for your help.

Herman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Herman

See if this helps. Suggests turning off auto update.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=1353316

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> See if this helps. Suggests turning off auto update.

This doesn't help because a preview updates the date variable, even when auto update is set to off. When the topic is not edited, RH doesn't prompt to save the topic and consequently the updated date isn't saved . With edits, save dialog comes up and additionally header/footer dialog because date in footer has changed.

See also my earlier post here:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=449&threadid=1364202&e...

Secondly, I really need it on auto because I'm running everything through batch files

I think that we need an option like Colum McAndrew described in the thread you're referring to. An option not to update a template variable when applied to a topic, or when previewing a topic.

Herman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I suggest you report this as the more people who do, the more likely it is to get fixed.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp