Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hyperlink hell....

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2008 Jun 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I using Robohelp 6 with word 2003.

I recently edited quite a few pages using Word 2003. I just discovered that a lot of new text I inserted has hyperlinks assigned to the entire block of text. Right now, I have to right click every line and remove the hyperlinks one by one (there are thousands and thousands of lines....).

Is their a way to remove all hyperlnks from a selection? If not, is their a hotkey for removing hyperlinks? I don't know why it occured in the first place but I need them gone....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why use Word to edit when you are using RH HTML?

If you right click a hyperlink, there is a removed Hyperlink option.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
Why use Word to edit when you are using RH HTML?

If you right click a hyperlink, there is a removed Hyperlink option.

I needed to insert visual studio code segments while retaining formatting. RH HTML doesn't allow this. I know about the right click/remove option (as stated in my original post) but I'm trying to find an easier way. It would take days to remove all the links one by one....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was focussing more on problems caused by my site being down.

Are you able to let me see this? What I would like is for you to import a sample topic into a new project and send that to me. Ordinarily I would say send it via my site but that is not possible right now.

First indicate if you are able to do that. Then we will worry about how.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, Thanks for the quick responses.

I can definitely import one of the html files into a new project but I'm rather confused what this will accomplish? The original files were all created in robohelp...I strictly appended text to the htm files using word 2003 as my editor. Essentially, I didn't import any new word files into robohelp, I just edited/saved the files (existing in my project) using Word. I can send you one of the FUBAR .htm files if you wish.

I'm assuming one of the hyperlinks in the original file got applied to entire text blocks I copied into the htm file (perhaps I accidently pasted some text blocks in the middle of a hyperlink). Since the links are already embedded in the HTML, and the only source I have is the htm files, I'm not sure what options I have besides manually removing the links....hopefully through a more efficient method than I've been using. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am wanting is to physically see the problem so please add some notes to the topic to make Peter's life easy. :-)

I'll post back shortly with a disposable email address that you can use to send the zipped project to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send it to robohelp at gmx dot com

(Change to a valid address)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
sent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp