Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe Flash on Vista

May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried for hours to install Adobe Flash on my Dell with Vista. No other versions were ever on it. When I  double click on the downloads they won't open. Tried several different links to download. A couple that I was able to open and start to install  gave me "Initialization Error"   message before they finished. Have tried  downloads on Firefox and IE. No luck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot the 'application initialization error'.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and provide all files listed: FlashInstall.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

As an alternative, you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, however, without the installation log files we can't troubleshoot why the initialization error is occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines