• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player locking down pc after update

New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a few days ago flash player prompted me for an updated when I started my PC, I installed the update and was immediately slammed with a lock up on the computer, completely unusable and I had to force shut down. I eventually got it to boot into safe mode and was able to uninstall flash player entirely and It fixed the problem. However every 2 days now my pc gets very very slow again, only to find out flash player is installing files in my %appdata%, if I delete them they will eventually come back and on my next startup, slow me down to the point to where I can't even boot into desktop. I have no idea what is causing this but I could use some help.

W10 x64

Gtx 760

Fx-8350

8gb ram

Windows is up to date, drivers are up to date, I do not know where to turn from here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds suspicious.  Is it possible that you downloaded a fake Flash Player from a source other than Adobe?  Perhaps you got a pop-up that asked you to upgrade?

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling:

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

That said, if you downloaded a fake installer that came bundled with malware, you're going to larger problems than just Flash performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines