• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player, windows 10, FireFox 46.0.1

New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the most recent version of adobe flash player and the browser becomes unresponsive even on adobe's confirmation page that flash has been installed.  can not click ignore, can not click stop script or anything as it displays the error window and the window disappears before you can even click anything but it comes back and back and back.  tired by downloading the install packet, closing firefox out completely and THEN making sure all other programs were shut down, installed, then when it tried to verify it was installed it had an issue.   i had to force close firefox, uninstall flash and no issues.   I tried getting support just to find the previous version but they didn't even want to help me that much, they are only wanting cash from people for their cloud.   they don't care about anyone that doesn't use those programs as they make people search for hours AFTER searching for even more days (two weeks) for fixes.   I'm personally done but I want to know what the issue is.

Oh one more thing, i clicked start a new discussion FOUR times, then finally clicked the one at the bottom of the main forum page finally allowing me to post this.  VERY VERY BAD FORM ADOBE/CREATIVE....   VERY BAD FORM.   oh and since there is no general flash player spot for errors i hope that this one works.. probably guessed wrong... really not making me like adobe any better.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're computer is 64-bit, please try the 64-bit Firefox, https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/​  It's much more stable and provides better performance on 64-bit operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will accept your information apparently i am on the 32 bit client.   i was not totally aware of that i thought i had the 64 bit client.   The fun part of it is that Firefox has dropped adobe flash support for 64 bit and gone to html 5.  I have finally gotten some answers from a few tech friends that work more closely with browsers.  thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as we're aware Firefox has not dropped support for Flash Player, 32 or 64-bit.  It's possible your friends are referring to Firefox dropping support for NPAPI plugins by the end of 2016, but that doesn't include Flash Player.  See https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2015/10/08/npapi-plugins-in-firefox/​ where Firefox states "Because Adobe Flash is still a common part of the Web experience for most users, we will continue to support Flash within Firefox as an exception to the general plugin policy. Mozilla and Adobe will continue to collaborate to bring improvements to the Flash experience on Firefox, including on stability and performance, features and security architecture."

These resources may also be helpful in troubleshooting Flash Player issues on Firefox:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you are recommending a product that will not function with many websites due to limited plug-in support.   and i will agree they say what you are saying, but when i install flash player it is listed as npapi by this quote from the same blog site:

Firefox 64-bit for Windows, by design, has limited support for plugins and users will notice that certain sites requiring plugins that worked in previous 32-bit versions of Firefox might not work in this 64-bit version. As we’ve shared previously, Mozilla intends to remove support for most NPAPI plugins in Firefox by t...

this still doesn't present me any relief from the last three week time where i could not use flash player because the update does NOT work.  I will install the 64 bit firefox and see if that works and if it does i will continue to use it, but with html5 being used many places (Apple for one) flash is in trouble if the browsers won't work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox is dropping NPAPI plugin support, except for Flash Player, on 32- and 64-bit versions of Firefox, not just 64-bit.  I am recommending that you try it.  If it works, great.  If it doesn't please refer to the resources I previously posted for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it is working for now, but this leads me to believe that adobe/creative has made it a requirement that it works with only mozilla 64 bit vs the 32 bit client.   otherwise why would it work with 64 bit but give me problems with the 32 bit?   and why has it not even been addressed and patched yet?  i can not be the only one with issues of flash as of the last update.   this still is not totally answered, it is a "PATCH"  but either there is an issue with mozilla 32bit which is the normal download when looking for it as i had to go LOOKING for the 64 bit client, or the issue is with adobe.   and my opinion of adobe support still stands, they could have at least said try the 64 bit client or given me a link to the older flash that did work with 32bit.  

yes it seems  to be answered, but if i go back to the mozilla 32 bit client, i will have to remove flash player and that is not an answer to this issue, an answer would prevent the issue from occuring once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no requirement that it only works with 32-bit versus 64-bit.  Since you're on a 64-bit machine, moving to 64-bit Firefox will allow to take advantage of performance and stability improvements, as well as use the native Firefox NPAPI plug-in sandbox, instead of Flash Player's bolt-on sandbox for 32-bit systems.  This provides you with meaningful defenses against malware (we strongly advise against browsing with Protected Mode disabled), but the architectural benefits of a native sandbox provide better performance through reduced overhead.

More information on protected mode is available at Adobe Flash protected mode in Firefox | Firefox Help 

The 32-bit and 64-bit versions can co-exist on the same system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the 32 bit and 64 bit versions can co-exist on the system, but if I was using the 32 bit version of mozilla why is flash not working with that version, and thus making me use the 64 bit version?  I do not disagree that it would be better but with issues using 32bit mozilla why is it not being addressed for those that still have 32 bit systems???   this is where my issue is, not that i had to go to 64 bit for it to work, that is great but there are still people with 32 bit machines that can not RUN 64 bit applications at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why don't you idiots kill flash? This is so rediculous having an update from you jokers that does not work. I have wasted over an hour trying to get this piece of junk flash update to work just to browse the net. Jump through whoops to try to get it to install and still nothing. I am so sick of this crap from you Adobe. I'm looking into starting a class action lawsuit for all the wasted time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quadrant, i'm not a fan of flash as you can see here.  but being nasty is not the answer.  Lawsuits are not the answer.  I have been wrestling with this last update that went wrong for 3 weeks now.  and i finally have it working.   The full answer has not been given but here is what i know.

1) if you have a 64 bit computer  (right click the windows icon in the bottom right and select system it will say if you are a 32 bit or 64 bit OS under the heading of system type.

2) in firefox click the 3 bars at the right side then click the question mark at the bottom right side, click the heading troubleshooting information.  if you see next to user agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0  then you have the 64 bit version of firefox.   if Win64 is replaced by WoW64 then you have the 32 bit client of firefox.

3) if you have the 32 bit client of firefox then uninstall flash

4) download the 64 bit version of firefox and install.

5) install flash once again.

it should work, it did for me.  the question still remains why have they not fixed the interaction between firefox 32 bit and flash for 3 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freki42, perhaps your right. I was tired, trying to work and super short on patience. I take responsibility for my quick reaction. I have been using adobe products for 20 plus years. And most of the time they do a fantastic job. I still think something needs to be done about the flash updates that don't work or seemingly didn't need updating in the first place. Time is something I don't have a lot of and to waste it trying to fix something that was working fine really bugs me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely agree, there is a problem and it has not been fixed.   I don't have a lot of time to figure out what is wrong.  I don't expect them to know everything but to relegate support only to forums makes it almost impossible to fix things if without days and days of coming back here.  and it still is not fixed nor is it being addressed by adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well good luck to adobe on getting it fixed for us. Guess we have to wait it out. On a side note I installed Chrome, i read somewhere to try that. It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chrome has it's own version of flash dedicated to just chrome.   that's why it works.   mine is working because i have gone up to the 64 bit version of firefox, installed adobe and it's working so... the big question to adobe still stands why is there an issue with flash and the 32 bit version of firefox.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines