• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parallel CFB3 and CFB2016 installs?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible to load both environments on the same Windows workstation?

I have several production apps going and I'm a bit nervous about making the jump.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Sure, I do it. They could probably even share the same workspace and projects (can’t recall if I’ve done the former, I have definitely imported projects from one release into a later one).

Then again, you mention concern about production apps. What do you fear could happen to your code based on issues in the IDE, even if there were any? (Or is it that you use CFB against a CF server where you have no dev or test version, so any problem that DID happen to code would “affect production”?

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I do it. They could probably even share the same workspace and projects (can’t recall if I’ve done the former, I have definitely imported projects from one release into a later one).

Then again, you mention concern about production apps. What do you fear could happen to your code based on issues in the IDE, even if there were any? (Or is it that you use CFB against a CF server where you have no dev or test version, so any problem that DID happen to code would “affect production”?

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie, that's good enough for me.

I had experienced some weirdness in CFB3 Mobile projects switching back and forth between PhoneGap config in the IDE vs config.xml, so just a little nervous. Speaking of which, if you project properties instead of setting up a config.xml file, where are the configurations stored when exporting?

--

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you reword that last question? I’m not successfully parsing what it seems you meant.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation