• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM File Compatibility with 64-bit Applications

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2008 Jun 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any experience developing HTML Help (CHM) for 64-bit applications? Are the 32-bit CHM files created with RoboHelp compatible on the 64-bit platform? Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not post a question in more than one forum. Those that can help you monitor them all so will spot it no matter where you place it.

Unfortunately I can't help you as I have no experience with 64 bit applications but I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wercampbells,

I know this is not going to be of much help, but I figured I would throw it out there anyway. When I submitted a ticket to Adobe to try and get some help with major latency issues I have been experiencing with RoboHelp v.6, one of the "tips" they sent back to me (which was of no use) was to verify:

"* If you are using a 64-bit platform (check My Computer Properties) then
this is not a properly tested environment and we have limitations on how
we can troubleshoot this."

Again, this probably will not help, but Adobe did notify me that there are issues with 64-bit platforms.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wercampbells.
You sent me a private message about this post saying you can't see the response. Your profile does not allow me to send you a private message is response - maybe you'd like to change your profile. Hopefully you will see Dan's post instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I happened to notice this post and thought, "Yikes, we run our CHM files on 64-bit systems all the time and we've never checked whether they're working properly."

So I did a systematic check of the following on a 64-bit system (Windows 2003 Server). Fortunately, everything worked exactly as it does on 32-bit versions. Phew!

• Context sensitive help works (pressing F1 in the application).
  • All links worked, including popup links.
  • All expanding and dropdown hotspots worked.
  • Both Index and Contents worked fine. Contents updated automatically when I move between topics (as is specified in our project).
  • Search functionality worked fine. Search options, too.
  • Favorites worked fine. These reappeared even when I closed the help and reopened it (as they should).
  • All of the above also worked when I opened the CHM file from Windows Explorer (rather than from inside the application).

Regards,
    Eileen

P.S. I should add that the help was compiled using RH7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp