Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut to close the topic window

May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably something I should have been able to figure out, but I haven't found any information about this so far.

It's some time since I installed RH7, but just now started to use it. I'm going through a number of topics to do the same small change in them, and I've managed to do all this with the keyboard, but I haven't found a keyboard shortcut (or a way to assign one) to close the topic window. I had expected Ctrl+F4 to do this, but it didn't. Is this possible to achieve?

Best regards,
Rannveig Østevik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And while we're onto the topic on shortcut keys, is there any way in RH to "redo" the last action? That is, something equivalent to pressing F4 in MS applications? And what about defining shortcut keys for commonly use styles--so you don't have to take your hand off the keyboard to format a paragraph? Can that be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many actions that can be configured for keyboard use. Right click the toolbar and select Customise. Then look under Keyboard and select the different Categories.

Unfortunately you two have come up with options that are not there, as far as I can see.

I have used MacroExpress to configure styles and that works well.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already defined a couple of keyboard shortcuts in that dialog box already. BTW - It was quite well hidden. I just stumbled upon it while I was looking for a solution to my problem.

I think I'll submit a feature request to add Ctrl+F4 as keyboard shortcut to close the window.

Best regards,
Rannveig Østevik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was it hidden?

You might want this link.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe not "hidden", but I didn't expect it to be under View/Toolbars/Customize... as I didn't see the connection to toolbars. For instance in Word it is under Tools/Customize....

Thx for the link. I have submitted a feature request.

Best regards,
Rannveig Østevik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I must take another look as I didn't find it there.

The menu path is one I have seen on quite a few programs other than Adobe's, for what that is worth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp