• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Flash Player On Mac Without Admin Password

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already posted about this, but I didn't get a meaningful answer, and another user who posted with the exact same issue was also unanswered.

My question is very simple: How do I install Flash Player on a Mac without an admin password? The downloadable installer demands one before it will do anything. When I click "show package contents" and extract the Flash installer package, open it up manually, and unzip the archive inside it, I get an unusable "Flash Player.plugin.lzma" file.

I need a way to decompress the Flash Player.plugin.lzma file.

OR

I need a link to download the Flash Player plugin, as in the actual "Flash Player.plugin" file, and NOT an installer app, which the main download link offers.

OR

An installer program that can extract and install the Flash Player file into ~/Library/Internet Plugins and do so WITHOUT demanding an admin password.

TOPICS
OS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, no one has responded to my post, but I did get a spam email with the subject of this post.

So now I'd like some method of installing Flash AND an explanation for why Adobe is leaving my email where spammers can harvest it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: spam - You're going to get an email any time that someone posts to the thread (unless you stop following it).  We have a small army of people that remove spam comments from the forums and we're constantly working with the folks at Jive to tune the filters and thwart whatever the next creative spamming technique that evades our spam and moderation filters are.  So in short, spam reply got posted to the thread, someone on the admin team deleted it, you got an email because it was in a thread you were following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2011 Apr 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not just flash its anything you install.  I have the same question and have spent over an hour looking on google.   if you have already figured it out can you answer your own question and post it on here? lol  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this helps at all (and if you're still having trouble), I called tech support from the place where I bought my mac, and he just told me to click "OK" when the screen that asks you for an administrative password pops up. I didn't have to type anything in because the guys who set up my computer didn't set a password, so simply click "OK" and it should start installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not work on my mac, the box shakes and will not allow me to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing is happening to me as well. whats up with that, started happening all at once, wont let me see videos or play any of the games.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

If you're still stumped, you may need to reset the password on your Mac:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18653

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14325

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201240

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did all that and am still stumped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're unable to reset the password on your Mac using the supplied instructions above, it's probably time to make an appointment at an Apple store for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a Hint "age" and I don't have a clue what that means or how it got there. I don't have a password to use my mac, and my password has nothing to do with age. so what now. all I want to do is update my flash player. I went so far to change my Adobe password and that does not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the instructions that I posted above on how to reset the password for your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌gguys it's your AppleID password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

If you're still stumped, you may need to reset the password on your Mac:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18653

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14325

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201240

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the answer. Nothing in the password box. Winner Winner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is super old (2011), and I'm positive that the guidance we provide on this topic is solid.  I'm going to lock the thread so that all of the people that have posted to this topic stop getting emails about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all the same issues as you stated. I tried every password I knew, but what finally worked was I made sure I had nothing typed into the password column (delete everything in that column) and hit OK and it finally downloaded. Make sure you check ok for auto downloads, then restart computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines