• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Crash persists after MONTHS on Win 10/Chrome/Firefox

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I correct Flash constantly crashing on Chrome and FF?   I'm running Win 10 all drivers updated with Bitdefender antivirus Malwarebytes anti Mal and System MEchanic for system maintainece.    I cannot get sites like amazon ebay, facebook or Gmail to run correctly.    This has been going on for months.   I have deleted my accounts, uninstalled and reinstalled the browser, nstalled flash separately, disabled the plug ins and on and on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your operating 32 or 64 bit ?

1) you might want to try the 64 bit versions of those browsers if your OS is 64 bit ( link below )

2) For Chrome try deleting the pepperflash folder located here:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash

3) For Firefox you might want to try the profile manager and create a new profile, and see if it happens in a new profile. (link below)

4) Clean install flash player, not install over but clean install it ( i have a utility you can click on my profile here to find more info ). Adobe has a manual process that is a bit dated for windows 10. It is worth noting that deleting the following also helps on windows 10:

• %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

This will not cause issues as I have done this hundreds of times in testing and cannot find any ill effects.

Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles | Firefox Help

Chrome Browser

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Download Firefox in your language — Mozilla

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Hopefully something here will help you out.

Best regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's very likely that it's related to drivers.

Please work through the video troubleshooting guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you're still stuck, please follow the directions in the guide on providing the dxdiag report and additional information about what you tested and saw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines