• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFbuilder 2016 hangs on loading 1K+ line CFM

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been evaluating the 2016 stand alone version of CFBUILDER Version: 3.1.1 Build: 298831 on Win 7 Enterprise 32-bit SP1 Core2 Duo CPU 2.2GHz 4GB Ram.

There are CFM files it simply will not open. Double click file, cfbuilder enters into "not responding" mode, then comes back and the file was not loaded. Many of my files it opens fine, others not. This issue seems to be restricted to the larger files (i.e. 1.5K lines).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donald,

Could you please contact us at below mentioned e-mail address to investigate further on this issue?

E-mail address: cf.install@adobe.com

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem after I did the update yesterday.  it fails to open large files.  I'm using MacBook Pro.  Any solution was found for the issue??  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Faisal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let me know the update level and Mac OS version?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

CFBuilder

Version: 2.1.2.v20160212-1500

Build id: M20160212-1500

please see attachment for MAC

Please let me know if this is what you need.

Faisal Abouradi

Senior Software EngineerAdvanced Macromedia Certified Developer

Think of how you can assist on a problem, not who to blame.

On Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 10:42:43 AM EDT, Vikram_k1810 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Vikram_k1810 in ColdFusion Builder - View the full discussion

Could you please let me know the update level and Mac OS version?

Thanks,

Vikram

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10572380#10572380 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10572380#10572380

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in ColdFusion Builder by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please install the latest version of ColdFusion Builder and check if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would that be different from having the latest update which I installed 4 days ago?  I just did the installation on this new machine about 4 months ago.

Thanks

Faisal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faisal, you say you updated CFB just 4 days ago (and had installed it 4 months ago). Well, in one of your first first replies to Vikram you said that you are using:

CFBuilder

That 2.1.2 version is not CFBuilder 2016. That would seem to be CFBuilder 2, from 2011. Are you sure you have that right? When I visit the Help menu and choose "About" in my CFBuilder 2016, I get this:

Welcome to Adobe® ColdFusion® Builder™ 2016

Version: 3.1.4

Build: 302777

And when I use "help>check for updates" it tells me "no updates were found", so it would seem the latest CFBuilder 2016 version would be that 3.1.4.

Finally, when Vikram says "Could you please install the latest version of ColdFusion Builder and check if the issue persists?", he may be referring to CFBuilder 2018 (which came out last month).  Of course, there is a free trial of that, and also it turns into the free edition after 60 days if no license key is entered. So you could at least try it. Note also that you can have both versions on the same machine at the same time.

But let's start with confirming if you really are using CFB 2016, and if so, if you can get to its latest update, to see if that gets you going.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my apology for this mistake which I replied to right to after to correct it as you will see in the thread.  I'm using CFBuilder 2016

Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2016 Plugins

Version: 3.1.4.201705171143

Faisal Abouradi

On Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 12:39:07 PM EDT, Charlie Arehart <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Charlie Arehart in ColdFusion Builder - View the full discussion

Faisal, you say you updated CFB just 4 days ago (and had installed it 4 months ago). Well, in one of your first first replies to Vikram you said that you are using:

CFBuilder

That 2.1.2 version is not CFBuilder 2016. That would seem to be CFBuilder 2, from 2011. Are you sure you have that right? When I visit the Help menu and choose "About" in my CFBuilder 2016, I get this:

Welcome to Adobe® ColdFusion® Builder™ 2016

Version: 3.1.4

Build: 302777

And when I use "help>check for updates" it tells me "no updates were found", so it would seem the latest CFBuilder 2016 version would be that 3.1.4.

Finally, when Vikram says "Could you please install the latest version of ColdFusion Builder and check if the issue persists?", he may be referring to CFBuilder 2018 (which came out last month).  Of course, there is a free trial of that, and also it turns into the free edition after 60 days if no license key is entered. So you could at least try it. Note also that you can have both versions on the same machine at the same time.

But let's start with confirming if you really are using CFB 2016, and if so, if you can get to its latest update, to see if that gets you going.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10574899#10574899 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10574899#10574899

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in ColdFusion Builder by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but if you look at the thread online for this discussion, you will see that that phrase:

Version: 3.1.4.201705171143

appears only in your last note just now. In the one you sent previously, you offered lots of info about the eclipse version info but it did not indicate this CFB version. (See  https://forums.adobe.com/message/10572706#10572706.)

But bottom line, yep, you are saying now that you are on the latest CFB2016. Would you now consider that proposal of trying CFB2018 as well? It's free and easy. (And if it works, you could switch to using it without paying for it, by letting it revert to the free edition after 60 days.)

One last thing: it seems you are replying to these by email, which is understandable. But when you leave in place the text you are replying to, that gets duplicated here in the forums, which makes them hard to read. If you want to leave just a bit of the note you're replying to, for context, that would be understandable, but it would be best not to leave it all there. 🙂

As always, just trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a problem trying CFB2018, but I'm not sure about the 60days thing.  I have a license for CFB2016 that my job got for me when I did the installation.  What is going to happen with this?

Thanks

Faisal Abouradi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing is going to happen to your CFB2016 license. It will remain what you use to use CFB2016. When you install CFB2018, if you have no license for that, then again it will give you a 60-day trial just like any software.

But the nifty thing is that AFTER 60 days, if you have not put in any license for CFB2018, then it will revert to what's called the "free edition", which removes some features. That is not new for CFB 2018. This goes back to CFB2 (and 3 and 2016). I wrote more about the free edition (and where you can learn more about its limitations) here:

Did you know there’s a free “Express” edition of ColdFusion Builder?

Finally, did you not read my last paragraph? You again just replied to the email you got, without removing the content you were replying to, which caused it to be duplicated in your message here on the forums. For those who read the web-based UI of the forums, that is a noticeable challenge. Could you please consider removing the text you are replying to, before you hit "send"?

I have just removed that duplicate data from your last post here (I'm a forum moderator and I have never otherwise edited someone's post), but I did it in this case to help make the point I am trying to get across. You'll see how much nice it looks compared to your previous replied, if you come view this forum on a browser. See the link at the top f your email for that URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eclipse Java Development Tools
Version: 3.11.2.v20160212-1500

Eclipse Platform
Version: 4.5.2.v20160212-1500

Eclipse RCP
Version: 4.5.2.v20160212-1500

Eclipse Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem after recently upgrading to CFB2016.  Most files load fine, others cause the editor to go into "Not responding" mode before eventually returning a "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".  This does not seem to be related to file size.  I have been focusing on one file that has the problem and have zeroed in on exactly what is causing it.  The file itself is only 13KB.  I have an input button that has an onclick event.  If I remove the onclick attribute, it loads fine.  When I put it back, it churns for 45-60 seconds before returning the error.

The line in question is structured thusly:

<input type="button" value="Promote" onclick="myFunction();">

myFunction() exists in the same file.  But I don't think it is related to the function body as it exhibits the same behavior even if I change it to onclick="alert();".

I created a brand new temp.cfm file that only contained <input type="button" value="Promote" onclick="myFunction();"> and it opened correctly.  I thought maybe the original file had been corrupted, so I copied the text from the original file to temp.cfm and it immediately started exhibiting the problem as well.

CFB 2016 v3.1.0, build 298077

Windows 7, x64

dual Intel Xeon 2.4GHz

192GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Could you please enable the gc logging and share it with us at cf.install@adobe.com?

In order to enable gc logging, you will have to add below parameter in CFBuilder.ini file(location:C:\ColdFusionBuilder2016).

-Xloggc:CFB3

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends,

I am facing the same Not Responding issue whenever I try to edit a big file. But it opens fine in CFB and goes to Not Responding only when trying to edit and save. Any updates on this issue from Adobe?

Thanks,

Sathya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sathya,

Could you please let us know the current update level?

Please install the latest update and check if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update it is working fine. Still I would like to convey whenever opening big files it just goes to Not Responding mode for few seconds and then comes back to normal editor mode automatically. The delay is minimal but still visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation