• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form data encryption

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently developing a ColdFusion application on version 8. As fas as security as concerned, I am thinking of encrypting select form data before storing them into the database. A brief explanation would be as follows;

User SUBMIT form data -> CFINSERT, Encrypt() and store in database -> User requests data CFQUERY -> Decrypt() and CFOUTPUT

Algorithm used is AES and the key will be stored in the database when the user first registers to use the application.

Assuming a page hit of 1000 hits/minute (equally both submission and query page), will there be a trade-off between security and performance? Will this method be secure enough?

Do comment and give ideas. I am also searching for a developer partner.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Your data is secure as long as you keep the key and saltIV private. Also consider, built in encryption technology provided my database vendors including MySQL.

I suggest you read the updated information on Encrypt and Decrypt function at CF8 Livedocs.

You say you're searching for a devloper partner, you may reach developers in mumbai by posting a message at http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/cfexpress/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation