• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Image Crashes RoboHelp

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the insert image command to import PNGs, RoboHelp delays in showing the image preview and then crashes.

The Error Signature includes:

AppName: robohtml.exe AppVer: 13.10.801.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00001095

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Jennifer

For starters, you should be aware that all that gibberish code will typically mean nothing to anyone here. Possibly if we were on the team for actual development of RoboHelp and were hard core coders, it might mean something, but by and large, it's as much gibberish to us as it probably is to you. This isn't only applicable to RoboHelp, any application on your PC.

So, does the same thing occur with other image types? (.GIF, .JPG) If so, it's likely an issue with your video card. You may need to update to the latest and greatest drivers.

If it's limited only to .PNG, what are you using to create the .PNG? We have discovered here that a PNG is not a PNG is not a PNG. It seems each application creates them diffrently. Some apps such as TechSmith SnagIt create them and they work dandy in RoboHelp. Create one using Visio and you may see issues until you open it using something like SnagIt and save back to remove whatever it is that makes RoboHelp gag.

Cheers... Rick

So you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I do use SnagIt to take pictures and this doesn't seem limited to PNG files. It's also happening with GIFs. When you say to update my video card, how do I go about doing that?

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer

Normally this is a Windows thing. Before going off on a long and possibly fruitless tangent, you might see if your IT folks are around and ask them about it. This is the purpose of an IT staff, to resolve issues with your hardware. In most cases, it should be sufficient to advise them you are seeing an issue with your application, and a suggestion has been made to update the video drivers for the hardware. From there, they usually know how to proceed.

If you are a lone home user, post back and I'll try to offer more.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. I contacted my IT support people and I'm waiting to hear back. One more thing, I've been importing my graphics into expanding hotspot windows. Would that have anything to do with the crashes? RoboHelp should be able to handle graphics as expanding hotspots, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Hmmm, I seldom (if ever) use expanding hotspots. But I just tested on my own RoboHelp 7 and popped a PNG into an expanding hotspot. Seemed to work just dandy.

What version of RoboHelp are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2.

It doesn't happen every time either. For example, I inserted three graphics in my project. Inserting graphic #4 caused the crash and repeatedly continued to do so upon further tries. So I skipped #4 for now and went onto graphic #5, which went in fine. Then, graphic #6 caused a crash. There's nothing special about these graphics. They're all pictures of the same software interface and between 4 and 482 KB in size, (most are between 20 and 40 KB), which also doesn't seem to matter since the 482 KB graphic is in, but the 10 KB graphic causes a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp