• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blank white screen

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this product a little a couple of months ago and everything seemed to work fine, i tried again today and no matter what i do it seems to end up with one white (empty) slide when i save the project. I've looked at the forum discussions and tried a smaller size recording area, but to no avail, i'm using firefox.
thanks - i need this to work!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Mitch

How are you recording? Standard slide by slide screen capture mode or full motion all the way?

If you say "full motion all the way", my next question will be to ask if you have tried using the slide by slide screen capture mode.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both 'recording mode' and 'full motion recording', i've been going slow, trying all sorts of combinations any only twice (in 10 tries) have I got anything but a single blank slide, those two times i only got one or two slides out of possible ten. I reinstalled captivate and i updated, but nothing is working. Like i mentioned before, i had no problems before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I know you reinstalled, but it may be worth resetting the Captivate settings file.

Close Captivate
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following destination:
C:\Documents and Settings\????\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate
Note that you may not see this folder until you make a change to the way Windows presents things. You may need to click Tools > Folder Options... > View tab > and elect to "Show hidden files and folders" as well as DE-select the options "Hide protected operating system files'.
See the file named captivate_v30.dat? Delete the file. Or if you are hinky about wholesale deleting the file, just rename it. The goal is to hide it from Captivate.
Restart Captivate

When Captivate restarts, it will see the file isn't there and create a fresh one. This action can cure a world of woes.

Please try that and let us know if it worked!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thanks for the help - I deleted the file captivate_v30.dat, but it didn't seem to help, i noticed there was also a file captivate_v20.dat - should i have deleted that one too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

No, that one would be the settings file for Captivate 2. So it should have no influence over anything 3 related.

Not sure what's up with the recording. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion of something to try.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thanks for the help...

Any other suggestions of where i may be able to find an answer? This makes this program completely unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources