• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac will connect, Windows 10 machine will not

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at my wits' end.  I've been trying to fix this problem nearing 2 weeks with no success (including 2 remote sessions with Adobe staff).

I have two computers on the same network, an iMac circa 2010, and an Alienware laptop circa 2013 with Windows 10 installed.  The iMac can connect to Creative Cloud no problem, however the Windows machine is giving me the error "Unable to reach Adobe servers. Please check your firewall settings, ensure that the time settings on your computer are correct, and try again." I have tried everything I have found on the internet so far including:

• DIsabling Windows Defender and Firewall
  • Reinstalling CC Desktop App (after removing CC and Apps via CC Cleaner)
  • Setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 / 4.4.4.4
  • Removing folders in AppData
  • Checking time and firewall settings (even though firewall is disabled)
  • Connecting to different networks and rebooting my modem/router.  This one was tested extensively as I was traveling some 2000Km in my truck and was stopping periodically to perform updates on our city's website.  I was connected to both tethered smart phone in several different regions and various hotel/restaurant wifis.

Twice now I've talked with support reps from adobe, twice they've remoted in and tried to fix the problem, and twice I'm left sitting here no further along than I was when I started having the problems.  The ONLY change that has happened is if I try to license from within Acrobat (which somehow I still have) it gets as far as to ask me for a serial key.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The hosts file is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines