• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users forced to scroll in Captivate 3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company recently purchased Adobe Captivate 3, and I like a lot of the functionality. The problem that I am having is that some of the training that I am developing is for Web-based applications. I understand that some of the pages that I am capturing will force me to scroll, but I want the user of the WBT to be able to see my entire presentation without THEM having to scroll. I have tried changing the resolution, and it did not solve my problem.

Does anyone know a trick to avoid forcing the user to have to scroll up and down to see all of the actions that are being performed.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration in this matter!

Jason Gressman
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008
Rick,

Thank you for the response. I ended up setting the resolution on my PC to 1280 x 768, setting the Captivate recording are to about 917 x 740. It ended up just showing the part of the screen that had the portion I was showing a demo for, and seems to be working very well. So using the smaller dimension, as you recommended, actually worked almost perfectly. Granted, it truncated one of the drop-down menus, but that is not a huge concern.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond!

Ja...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Jason

If you want crystal clear recordings that play back exactly as you recorded, you need to simply record a smaller dimension. If possible, resize the browser or application to a smaller dimension before recording.

Assuming that isn't possible, you have a couple of options.

1. After you record, click Project > Resize project and shrink the recording a little. Be advised that this will have a negative effect and your movie will lose quality. If you choose this approach and aren't sure how much you will be scaling down, always click File > Save As and work with a copy until you settle on what works best.

2. If you aren't overly concerned about the loss of quality, instead of using the HTML companion page, you could point directly at the SWF. There are a variety of issues with this, but it does work for some folks. If you still need or wish to use the companion HTML page, you could edit the properties so instead of specifying pixel values, it presents using percentages. 100% for example.

Hopefully something here either helped outright or caused you to formulate an idea that eventually does.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick,

Thank you for the response. I ended up setting the resolution on my PC to 1280 x 768, setting the Captivate recording are to about 917 x 740. It ended up just showing the part of the screen that had the portion I was showing a demo for, and seems to be working very well. So using the smaller dimension, as you recommended, actually worked almost perfectly. Granted, it truncated one of the drop-down menus, but that is not a huge concern.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond!

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources