• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is my Help project too big? Or are images the issue?

Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues generating the primary layout for my help project. It generated just fine without any of the images pasted into my Word file but when I put the images where they are going in the Word file after saving the Word file and attempting to generate the layout all that happens is this:

Starting compilation...
Clearing output folder...
Starting compilation...

and then the View Result button appears. When I attempt to view the result the Single Source Wizard says that it Failed to find the html result file.

I proceeded to delete all the images from the Word file and attempt to generate the primary layout after saving the Word file and it generates just as it should, minus images.

So I am curious as to why it will not generate and what happens to the html file when I try to generate the primary layout with the images in Word. Is my file too big? Or do I need to add my images exclusively through the image workshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are using RH for Word. You cannot paste images in. You must insert them using the RH toolbar and when you generate you must ensure you have selected True Code view rather than displaying your images.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, I am using RoboHelp 7 for Word. I did have the images set to True Code view and tried most everything else in the Troubleshooting section but I did not realize you could not paste the images in. In fact when doing a brief learning example of the Help file it would allow me to paste a few images in but apparently after trying with a few dozen it would not work. I will attempt to use my images through the toolbar and see where that goes. Any links on your website that would be beneficial to me about learning how to effectively use images in my Help project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob

As you are choosing to author in RoboHelp for Word, you should also be advised that you are using a tool that falls into a category where we are seeing a steadily diminishing pool of users. Many are abandoning RoboHelp for Word in favor of RoboHelp HTML. Particularly if your output is HTML based. You will find that you will hit stumbling block after stumbling block using this tool where things are handled much more easily if you are using RoboHelp HTML.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No links I can think of. Just avoid pasting in. Yes it does work up to a point but it is pretty low.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp