Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Templates not applied properly?

Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that sometimes templates aren't applied properly.

Here's a link to a dummy project that will illustrate my point:

If you generate WebHelp for this dummy project, you'll see two topics. One is called 'Intro', the other 'Liabilities 1'.

You'll also see that in the 'Intro' topic, there's white space between bread crumb and 'Print topic' button at the top-right corner.
In the other topic 'Liabilities 1', there's NO white space between bread crumb and button.

Both files use the SAME template.

If you re-apply the template to the 'Liabilities 1' topic, It will show the same behavior as the other topic and you'll see white space.

Herman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't downloaded but do both topics have the same CSS and styles on the first line?

Post back and I will look tomorrow.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both topics have the same CSS and styles on the first line.

Herman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Print Topic button?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> What Print Topic button?

See this link for a screenshot from WebHelp.

Herman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that is not in the project you put up for download so I cannot see what is wrong with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange Peter, I just downloaded the file from the link in the first post.

I can see the button in Design View.

It's in the template header, HTML code is
<input type=button value="Print topic" onClick="window.print()">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no code like that in what I am looking at. No point in me adding it as the object of the exercise is to look at your code.

Save the two topics and the template as txt files and email those via my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you *very* much for your generous offer Peter, but I don't think this will work.

The whole issue is that sometimes a template isn't applied properly (I don't even know how to recreate this specific situation :-) ).
If you were to recreate the files from scratch, this issue probably will not show.

In my real wordl project, I went through each and every topic and re-applied the template. Everything looks OK now.

Thanks again for all your help. It is very much appreciated.

Herman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We discovered the following problem with RoboHelp 7 HTML:

Sometimes, when we update a template (that is, its header, footer, or background properties), this change does not propagate to all help topics that are associated with this template.

We found a workaround: In the Topic List, sort the template column. Then, select all topics that are associated with the template in question. Right-click, select Properties, and change the template to "None". Right-click, select Properties, and change the template back to what you want it to be.

This re-set of the templates updates all of the selected topics.

I hope that this helps you in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2008 Jun 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks a lot for this workaraound Pet3689.

This surely helps, much quicker and easier than re-setting each topic separately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp