• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Variable

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our site uses the same image(s) in multiple locations and these images will change from time to time. Is it possible to make the image a variable and if so, what would be the best method? Do I just insert the image name as the variable i the image html code or or should I insert the image html code as the complete variable? Or, is there a better way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bigbrook

You didn't mention which version of RoboHelp you are using. However, if you are using RoboHelp HTML version 7, you could use a snippet for this. You would define a snippet and insert your image inside it. Then add the snippet wherever you like. When the image needs to change, you simply change the snippet and any topic using the snippet will be updated with the new image.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick - I am using v7. Snippets might work for what we are doing, but in the end we will have images, captiva videos, etc. I'm trying to figure out what will be the best method for ease of use later. If I used a snippet, I would have to rebuild it later. Would that be easier then just changing a "name" in a variable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

When you mentioned a "Variable", I rather assumed you meant to imply a RoboHelp variable. With those, you configure the variable when you generate the help. Not after the fact. What you seem to be wanting is some form of an externally accessed resource where the end user might influence changes after you have produced the help?

If that is correct, you may be interested in fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge's site.

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp