• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just changed laptops OS X 10.10 Macbook Air to Macbook Pro.  Digital Editions used to work perfectly.  Now when I double click the acsm file DE opens, but I get an unable to download error

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve this.

The solution that worked for me was to find the activation.dat file in the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions folder and drag it to the Trash.  Then I was able to deauthorize the computer in ADE (either Help>Erase Authorization or Command-Shift-D while ADE is open) and reauthorize computer ( Help>Erase Authorize Computer).

General comment to Adobe:  Your customers do change computers.  EVERY Adobe program (Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC and ADE) was a PITA to bring up on the new machine.  Adobe is the worst; almost all other programs came up with little or no problem; at the worst reentry of a serial number of password.  Only Adobe required IT technical support, digging around in the Library folder, and trips to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't able to find the activation.dat file in the location you mentioned but I did find it in /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and moving it to Trash and reauthorizing my computer fixed this error.  Thanks for the pointer to the trick, rjrose. Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines