• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 - Web Help output - Help viewed using Internet Explorer 10 browser throws the following error: "Object doesn't support property or method 'registerListener2' - whproxy.js"

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from RoboHelp 9 to RoboHelp 2015 this spring.

My company's products are SaaS cloud-based applications. I generate Web Help output for a product. I deliver the output to our Product Development team, who then commits the content and all RH output files to their SVN source control project. The help system is then deployed together with the application as a WAR file to a web application server. Context-sensitive mappings are maintained in a properties file.

After a deployment to our pre-production server environment, it was found in QA that my web help content would not open using Internet Explorer 10. It threw the following message: "Object doesn't support property or method 'registerListener2' " and it references the whproxy.js file.

The help file opens fine in Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.

I downloaded and installed the 12.0.3.428 patch for RH 2015. It did not resolve the problem.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the same occur if you view the help before passing it on? If it does then check the developers loading all the files. Whilst I believe this may have been reported before, it was only one or maybe a couple of occasions.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp